Error Code 16, then fine...wtf?

1badhusky

Reaction score
Weird thing was I noticed the code when it started running like crap - felt super rich - so I stopped and shut her down, waited about 5 minutes and it ran fine the rest of the day - another 45 minutes.

Anyone had this - assuming a bit of build up on my exhaust valves? How hard is it to clean them?

Think I'd be ok to ride one more time before taking it in? Lots of snow coming this weekend and don't want to miss it!

saskdude

Reaction score
Ive clean my power valves usually twice a year and still get code 16 every once in awhile. it usually happens right off the bat in cold mornings. All i do is kill the sled for a second fire it back up and its usually gone. Got over 4000 miles on my 09m8 and hasn't seemed to cause any problems.

DRS

Reaction score
Got the same code on a 2009 M8. Able to start it and shut it down a few times and the code clears and it runs fine for the day. Took it into the dealer and they adjusted the cables. Next time out I had the same code. Again shut it down a few times and code clears. I just cleaned the exhaust valves the other night. Hoping to try it this weekend for a test drive to see if that did anything. Dealer says it could be a wire shorting somewhere.

Please keep me posted and I will do the same.

Steve D

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On a few stupid cold mornings this winter I've had this. Don't know if it fixes it or not, but I've been wd-40ing the servo motor thingamabob and the cable where it goes into its sleeve. Once everything warms up, yeah it's fine.

Top Bottom