EGR blocker plates on 08 d-max

05 hondaman

Reaction score
DSCI0133.jpg

DSCI0135.jpg

DSCI0138.jpg

I installed egr blocker plates so all that soot won't be going back into my motor. It only took about 1 hour and $50 for the plates.

05 hondaman

Reaction score
No comments guy's or you like that you motor eats all that soot?

mb1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm interested...have an 07 LBZ...did not know the entire manifold had to be removed...what is the consequence in -30C?

The consequence of installing the plate is that potentially your dealer would notice and void your warranty. You may also get a code " EGR flow low" or something.

On the bright side the code can be blocked, and your motor will enjoy 100% fresh air.

I believe it can be done without removing the manifold, but then you wouldn't be able to clean all the crap out of there.

Some trucks get a code from the blocker and some don't. A "fingerstick" can be wired up to block the code. it's easy and cheap.

RETODD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.valemountvacationrental.com
The consequence of installing the plate is that potentially your dealer would notice and void your warranty. You may also get a code " EGR flow low" or something.

On the bright side the code can be blocked, and your motor will enjoy 100% fresh air.

I believe it can be done without removing the manifold, but then you wouldn't be able to clean all the crap out of there.

Some trucks get a code from the blocker and some don't. A "fingerstick" can be wired up to block the code. it's easy and cheap.

The plates are cheap online...I'll have to investigate the "fingerstick" mod.

05 hondaman

Reaction score
on my 08 lmm you do not need a finger stick because my ppe programer takes care of that, and no codes. its not that hard to do it only takes about 1 hour and 12 bolts . so now she is breathing fresh air.:):):)

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
on my 08 lmm you do not need a finger stick because my ppe programer takes care of that, and no codes. its not that hard to do it only takes about 1 hour and 12 bolts . so now she is breathing fresh air.:):):)

Where did you get your plate?

05 hondaman

Reaction score
:):):)I got them from dirty diesel customs in Red Deer and I have a blocker plate and finger stick for sale for an 06 d- max if anyone is interested($100).:):):)

Scuba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm interested...have an 07 LBZ...did not know the entire manifold had to be removed...what is the consequence in -30C?

The manifold doesn't need to be completely removed i have installed these in a 07 classic LBZ and a 08 dmax you can get it in without the removal of the manifold

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:):):)I got them from dirty diesel customs in Red Deer and I have a blocker plate and finger stick for sale for an 06 d- max if anyone is interested($100).:):):)

Is that for a LBZ, will it work on a 07? The stick, I know the blocker will.

Beels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I installed the Kennedy blocker plate and fingerstick on my '06 LLY.

I'll warn you now, it's a major PITA getting the flanges split apart enough to get the plate to seat right down where it should. Some people talk about installing another gasket in there to seal up both sides, but there wouldn't be any way in hell there'd be enough room to do that on mine. I chamfered the leading edge and after 90 mins of beating, prying and swearing, I got it in. Some people complain that the nuts are the hard part to get off, but that was a breeze for me. Sprayed the studs down with Wynns Nut-Buster the day before I did it and again right before I did the job and they came off like nothing.

As for cold weather, I didn't notice any difference at all.

Top Bottom