Edge CS programmer.....or?

sicamoose

Reaction score
I have an 2008 F350. Delete kit, exhaust, intake and an Edge CS tuner. I got it installed while in Red Deer (in-laws live there) on a whim. I had an edge in my 06' and i really like it but cant seem to figure this one out (read, not stoked on it). I know 08's have a bad rap for bad mileage but is there anyway to increase mileage with this programmer? Should I look into another brand (spartan, H&S, etc.??). Towing the trailer to CA next month and kinda hoping to figure it out before we go.

If I DO leave the edge in there, suggestions for best settings for towing/hauling?

thanks.

Simon

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well i have a 09 superduty and i used to have an edge in my dodge it was junk no more power and very high egts so on my ford i put in the banks iq moniter the banks six guns banks monster dual exhaust banks speed brake and the banks ram air intake and i couldn't be happier with it on level 7 there is no black smoke and the egts are about 1275 and thats it and lots and lots of power it really wakes up the 6.4 well thats my 2 cents

Oilboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya I would go with a spartan or h&s. Better programming for the engine and trans, Proven mileage and hp gains
The edge runs really hot. As far as suggestions if your going to keep it I'd go to powerstroke.org and ask there, someone with more experience will help you out

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I put an H&S tuner on my 08 F350 in feb with DPF delete (H&S shuts off the EGR, i don't know if others do) and wow what a huge improvement overall. Highway I get 11-13L/100km and city is 17-19L/100km. I leave my truck in mild all the time and haven't had issues. Pulling a load is effortless in mild too. Best dollar I've spent by far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
colin glad your liking the banks buddy! yeah if you have all the stuff deleted I would go into an H&S or spartan forsure! h&s mini maxx works real well on these trucks easy to setup and operate and great results! nice thing with H&S is they will custom write you any kind of tune you want and send it to you. edge will do this if you know there main wizards who develops there programmers :) I know rob from edge and he is there tune builder he can make you custom tunes for the edge and I have seen them perform they work well but getting these tunes is painful so your best to go H&S

4mcntrls

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Spartan or H&S. I had an edge and there is no comparison between them at all. Way lower egt's and way more milage and power with spartan. H&S is similar from all I have heard

4mcntrls

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Spartan or H&S. I had an edge and there is no comparison between them at all. Way lower egt's and way more milage and power with spartan. H&S is similar from all I have heard. Enjoy the horsepower!

Top Bottom