E-Start Troubleshoot Help.....Pls

Sup3r22

Reaction score
hello, my wife was given an 96 touring sle, everything runs great, but the Electric Start does not start the engine when
cold. It turns over very well, starts fine when the sled is warm, you can crank and crank it over and over and it wont
start then reach down give it a quick pull and it fires up with no problems. 2 new batteries, 2 new cdi boxes, and starter has been tested and passes with flying colours.......any thoughts or things i could try and see what the h e double hockey sticks is going on? thank you.

NorthernOntario

Absolute Power

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
check that you have spark when using the electric start. sounds like there is no spark when cranking it over.

Sup3r22

Reaction score
just an update, the battery is new with lots of juice, the starter and solinoid have been tested with lots of cranking power, and there is lots of spark when cranking over with the electric start, i pulled the plugs and grounded them to watch for spark.......any other thoughts? the machine has alot of compression, way more then i think it should, could this have anything todo with the problem? please help

bump, bump :D

Sup3r22

Reaction score
I would think the choke is working fine since to pull start the machine it fires up. Does the fuel pump work differently from being pull started or electric started? Could me pull starting the machines le it turn that little bit faster making the diff? I am all outta ideas but would like to get this issue fixed. Thanks

Top Bottom