E-start Issues!

Summit800_Andy

Reaction score
So heres the deal with my E-start on my 07 Summit. Sometimes (usualy when cold) I hit my Start button and it just makes a "click" sound and nothing. After i fire it up with the pull start it usually works fine. And then after running for a while, when i go to use it, I just hear the starter motor spinning, and not catching. Its not too big deal usualy starts 1st or 2nd pull anyways, just annoying after digging out a stuck or somthing and my arms are gassed would love for the E-start to have my back 100% of the time rather then 50%. Thoughts?:confused:

Bisch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like the battery to me. Pull it out and give it a good charge.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If the starter is spinning everytime then it is probably at fault or the gear is missing some teeth.

Summit800_Andy

Reaction score
Ya the stated gear is a bit banged up. So I figure that's why it spins freely sometimes. And I fully charged my bat. And still does it. Just makes a "click" sound and nothin is spinning, so it's not the starter. Maybe a solinoid or somthing? Not sure the details of how the starter works. But when ya just hear a "click" sound makes ya think either the bat. Is dead (even tho it's charged) so that doesn't make sense. So it's gotta be somthing electrical no?

Summit800_Andy

Reaction score
Oh and like I said its mainly when it's cold, and it never works when the choke is up?

smash

Reaction score
I had the same problem a while ago. I think what finally fixed it was the the ground strap from the starter. for some reason the starter wasn't getting a good enough ground through the block.

Also found out that there are 2 different starters for an 07 the replacement that I got didnt last very long because the teeth would barely engage.
Also FYI ihave had terrible luck with the doo batteries was having to replace every year. the aftermarket canadian tire battery has lasted 3 years now.

Last edited:
Top Bottom