Dynamo Joe CLutch Kit

Dynamo^Joe

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
zEEb....no need for sorry man. i was not getting my dander up at all. he he. unfortunately printed words dont havva voice behind them. Sorry my speech looks dry, just imagine me stuffin my mouth with Tim's donuts when im talkin then. hahaha

zeeberg7 writes)I dont think it would be too far off of the Dynamo Joe Kit.
Joe) aaAAaah, I kind of looked at it as they had some kind of simile to my clutch kit stuffs.

laterrr
joeyyy

zeeberg7

Reaction score
LOL. Ok good.

Ya thats what I was getting at too. either way it is an agressive helix. watch him in Sledencks 14, he cant keep his skis anywhere but pointed at the sky!

I hear of people putting stiffer springs in there secondary, but I have also heard that an optimal clutch would actually have a fairly soft spring in the secondary.

what are your thoughts on that? does this depend on the agressiveness(if thats even a word) of the secondary?

thanks,

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why you asking this Dynamo Joe guy as he doesnt no much about clutchs!!! JUST KIDDING

Joey called you awhile back and haven't heard back from you. Still eating donuts??
Coming back sledding this year as i think HMX800 and afew of us are going to Golden around the 10th Dec.
Later

zeeberg7

Reaction score
not sure but Dynamo may just have a knack for it.... LOL..

Thanks again for the info. my Sled is almost ready to go, I think i will see how the 880 performs with just a lower top gear (19) and then I will think about going to a 49 or something on the top gear. And of course I am running the Dynamo kit!

Brap

Reaction score
whos 880. you should really call revolution performance for clutching for a bikeman 880.

Dynamo^Joe

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why you asking this Dynamo Joe guy as he doesnt no much about clutchs!!! JUST KIDDING

Joey called you awhile back and haven't heard back from you. Still eating donuts??
Coming back sledding this year as i think HMX800 and afew of us are going to Golden around the 10th Dec.
Later
Rossko, heh, you said "when you are bored, call..." I aint bored....Im buried.
I can't make anywhere until early January.
yer bud

Johnny

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does anyone in the BC interior carry DJ clutch kits ? or should I just call in an order to Joe thankx

young-gun

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any one know were/who to talk to about clutch tools for a 2011 XP, Have DJ kit on way.

young-gun

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well installed my DJ kit a week ago. Took to Renshaw this past weekend, started with 15.6gr and was at 8200rpm on clicker 5. Love the kit! had one issue while riding, had a metalic rattle that sounded as though comming from primary. Only happened once in a while, and would go away after engine braking. So if anyone has any ideas. I took primary apart to add some weight and found nothing out of place.

zeeberg7

Reaction score
From what I understand these TRA clutches get lounder and start making more noise as bushings and such start to wear out. could be something a little bit worn and at that 3500RPM mark you make the perfect amount of vibration that it makes noise, then after that it smooths out. Wouldnt hurt to check all your bushings and everything.

I have a 2008 and I have replace my bushings and rollers and washers 3 times since new I think.

young-gun

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Took it apart and cleaned and inspected everything. It all looks in good shape, and bushings and roller are good. will have to keep digging into sled to see if it was even the clutch, but it sure sounded as though sound was originating from it.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well installed my DJ kit a week ago. Took to Renshaw this past weekend, started with 15.6gr and was at 8200rpm on clicker 5. Love the kit! had one issue while riding, had a metalic rattle that sounded as though comming from primary. Only happened once in a while, and would go away after engine braking. So if anyone has any ideas. I took primary apart to add some weight and found nothing out of place.

Try your Exhaust springs.....fill all your springs with RTV silicon, let them set up over night before running the motor.

I had a mechanical rattle I chased for a week or so, I swore it was the TRA arms. Nope.

zeeberg7

Reaction score
Took it apart and cleaned and inspected everything. It all looks in good shape, and bushings and roller are good. will have to keep digging into sled to see if it was even the clutch, but it sure sounded as though sound was originating from it.

There is also the main bushing that is pressed into your Primary and rides right on the inside half of the Primary. they look good, but I think you would have to measure it to notice the difference. Dynamo Joe has the measurement info on his website I do believe. other than that takethebounce may be right, it could just be something like a spring that clangs at that certain point in your RPM range.

Circled-Mistake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

You dont think the Vibration Was a part of it Young-Gun?? To me when it was rattling the motor seemed to "shake" a lot more... As soon as you got the sled to Downshift and the rattle was gone... So was the vibration... Just my 2 cents.....

Circled-Mistake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is also the main bushing that is pressed into your Primary and rides right on the inside half of the Primary. they look good, but I think you would have to measure it to notice the difference. Dynamo Joe has the measurement info on his website I do believe. other than that takethebounce may be right, it could just be something like a spring that clangs at that certain point in your RPM range.

Would it have something to do with the Primary not being "Splined" like the REVS?? My REV Primary has splines for the two halves to seat together, I thonk the '11's dont...

Top Bottom