Dynamo Joe CLutch Kit

Dynamo^Joe

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 08 800 xp 154 with joes helix in it new pins that are suposted to be weighted at 15.9 g per pin i had some one do this for me he had the clicker on # 4 the sled was hitting 8500 9600 at times i had to click back to # 1
My Question iis how much more weight do i put in it to get it up to clicker 4 any info would be nice thank for your troubles
Also what are the stock ramps for a 08 i have a set of joes coming they are just not here yet

I did not know this forum existed. :dontknow:

This is a notice for anyone who is familiar with the QR11 clutch kit...
...any time you see symptoms as mentioned

IF - need to run in lower clicker
IF - need to run much more pinweight than recommended
THEN - ask what ramp is installed in the primary clutch.

The 08 sleds come stock with 413 ramps.
There are dealers who have removed those and have installed 412's or 417's
Some of them have installed the yellow erlandson secondary spring.
...then a customer comes in and buy's the sled and does not know the changes have been made away from stock.

The 09 comes with 441 ramps. The dealer has the option to change out to the 413 ramp for 0'~2200' elevation and change pinweight accordingly.
There are dealers who have removed the 441 ramps and have installed 412's or 417's and again, a customer comes in and buy's the sled and does not know the changes have been made away from stock.

As soon as I hear someone who lives near Loveland CO, Kennewick WA, Anchorage AK, Olds AB....and a few other towns I know of, they are triggers for me to ask "please check and confirm what ramp and / or secondary spring you have installed" as like clockwork one of the two sets of ramps will be installed in the owner's sled.

My kit not designed to use 410, 412 or 417 ramps as there are a few issues they reveal that I don't like and won't be eliminated; one feature many summit owners enjoy is reduced to little.

Dynamo^Joe

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm looking into getting one of these dj kits for my 02 summit. I was looking on the website and it says he makes a low elevation kit and a high elevation kit. If I get one of the low elevation kits for at home, will still work if I go to the mountains?
thanks

I have a dual elevation kit that will work in your sled with the mere change of the primary spring and pinweight.

Example
Low elevation to 3000'
200/350 primary spring
23g in clicker 3
stock secondary spring
SMT helix

To go to high elevation 3500'+, then..
175/360 primary spring
17g in clicker 3
stock secondary spring
SMT helix

......... :d

some guys will just get the high elevation kit and then when down at home fill up the pins to full 20.5g and run a lower clicker of 2 or 1 to get around, however the full performance of the kit is not observed, but still prolly better than stock. hahaha

Last edited:

09 Blue Ski-Doo

Reaction score
Joe Rocks! After a couple phone calls to Joe and his new 175/360 spring and going to a 415 ramp, our 09 163'3 rock! The QR11 helix and 15.8 grams pulls 48-49 mph track speed in the deep stuff. I'm sure joe's ramps will be better on the trail than the 415's but they are the same for the first half of the ramp perform spot on in the long pulls and backshift is improved! Plus gearing to 19/49 is a must!

JayZee

Reaction score
Ordered my 2008 XP kit from Joe and it showed up in a couple of days. I installed it myself last week with the guidance of his videos on youtube. It was easy to do using the right tools. I had the sled out on the weekend for the first test ride and wow...what a difference over stock. Pulled hard all weekend 8150 to 8230, I was on and off the gas all day and the RPM's stayed with me. Had a great ride in a foot of fresh untracked powder for three days. Rode the trees, the lakes and the steep stuff and this kit passed the test with flying colors. This was by far money well spent.

I also dropped the top sprocket down to a 19 tooth while I had it apart and I think this added to the better performance.

zeeberg7

Reaction score
Put a Stock summit 154 beside a stock summit 154 with a Dynamo Joe clutch kit and the one with the clutch kit will make the other look like a kitty cat anywhere you race....

Definitely going to look into this gearing as well!

Also noticed that bushing wear can cause the RPMs to sag when WOT as well. keep that in mind.

Dynamo^Joe

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Gearing for trail (you guys dont really use this kind of thing but the theory is accurate)
Every 1 tooth off the top gear will reduce your maximum theoretical mph by 3~4 on gps. So then a question arises; what is the highest most reasonable peak mph do you expect to get in the normal every riding day conditions? You can gear the sled to do that maximum mph. Use my online gearing calculator to find out what a gear change will do for you.
Say you gear lower by 2 top teeth – that will reduce your peak mph by 6~8mph however for the upside of accelerating harder by 6%~7% to get to that peak mph.

Gearing mountain
---If you ever want to regear, it’s not a problem with this kit to go any of these ratios, in fact my helix’s work so well with lower gearing for whatever track speed you achieve, it will maintain it with great strength. Lower gear; even stronger track speed holding power.
21:49 = 2.33 = 104P
19:45 = 2.36 = 102P
21:51 = 2.42 = 106P
20:49 = 2.45 = 104P – Customer faves
20:51 = 2.55 = 106P – Customer faves (my personal fave)
19:51 = 2.68 = 106P

Rev chassis w/10tooth driver
19:45 = 2.36
19:46 = 2.42
19:47 = 2.47 – This is a common customer favourite.
19:50 = 2.63
19:51 = 2.68

---here is the "theory" on what gearing does. It is something you have to feel to do yourself by observing the track speed and how the sled responds when the load changes at full throttle.
https://www.mxzx-revzone.com/article/gearing-150.asp#gear21_to_19

Last edited:

zeeberg7

Reaction score
Thats great info! Thank you! I was told 19/49 was a good one as well. What do you think? Must work good if Corey Micku is pulling like that in slednecks14 with that?What do you think?Thanks!

jumpingjack

Reaction score
Gearing down as skidoo did in the 2012 is a way to take some of the load off the clutches which allows you to use more of the clutch faces there by reducing heat. Yes you will loss some topend speed on the trail but if clutched right for the gearing you should gain track speed when under heavy load pulling a hill. This all become personal preferance depending on how and wear you ride.

zeeberg7

Reaction score
You are correct. this was also my dealers solution to me blowing belts back in 2008. I am currently running a 19 top gear. but I am hoping that i may be able to go to the 49 on the bottom to get my track speed up when in the deep stuff!!

We will see, I have other (electrical) issues I need to fix first before i start adding more.

thanks Again guys,

zeeberg7

Reaction score
I would assume it is the clutch kit that comes with the Bikeman Big bore. unless Bikeman gave him something extra special to use. I dont think it would be too far off of the Dynamo Joe Kit.

I think they run a little bit stiffer secondary spring though.

Dynamo^Joe

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would assume it is the clutch kit that comes with the Bikeman Big bore. I dont think it would be too far off of the Dynamo Joe Kit.
I think they run a little bit stiffer secondary spring though.

Assumes facts not in evidence: the question assumes something as true for which no evidence has been shown.
There is not a helix like mine in the whole market, nothing with the wild angles I use. firedevil.gif

zeeberg7

Reaction score
Sorry Dynamo, I think you took that wrong.

I understand that you have a stand alone clutch.

But I am saying that he must have something that pulls like your clutch.

Top Bottom