Duramax LB7 injectors - Calgary

martincc

Reaction score
anyone know where I could get the balance rates checked on my lb7 injectors in Calgary.. dealer wanted 4 hours labour!! thanks.

slomo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it only takes 5 minutes and max should be is .5 hr for a diagnostic check with the info you requested go to a different dealer

martincc

Reaction score
thanks, got them checked at a local mechanic with a scanner for 40 dollars. 3 are out of spec.. one is way out and likley the one making the ticking/knocking I'm hearing. This with be the 3rd set of injectors in 180,000kms.. the last set from GM lasted a whole 50,000kms (nearly $7000 bill under GM's special warranty). These trucks get expensive to run! Jared, what do you guys charge for an injector, or a set? I think I will stay away from Calgary dealers doing the repair.. last time they didn't hook back up glow plugs and then they couldn't figure out why the truck wouldn't start when it was cold.. I had to go back with a wiring diagram and found the disconnected wire in my alley before they would give me my money back for the diagonistic time they spent trying to sort that out.. so I think I will try this repair on my own.. local mechanic wants 1000 to do them which is much cheaper than the dealer.. but.. thats my new camo track! Looking for a good price on injectors. Anyone have any suggestions?

hilinerider

Reaction score
i got mine for my 03 from oreilly auto for $179 ea. put em in myself in about 5 hrs, even took a lunch break, theres a bood thread online with like 47 pics with the pics labeled with torque and wrench sizes on how to do it, by changing my fuel filters regularly i've gotten over 100,000 miles out of a set

slomo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
regular fuel filter replacment really seems to help with these injectors

martincc

Reaction score
Thats a very good price.. do they have Canadian locations? Reman Bosch? I have that thread and also got the GM service manual, read it over a few times, nothing seems hard just a fair amount to do. Having the right torque specs makes it easier. I'm no mechanic, but I did the top end on my xp, so how much harder can this be !?!? ha! Could you give me a contact for where you got your injectors, and how long ago did you do yours?

mb1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just a heads up, a member over on duramax forum ( from Calgary ) just posted that he had a local GM mechanic do injectors after hours and the guy screwed up, ended up costing him a bunch of cash. If you're into it, apparently there's a way to fit up LBZ heads ( and injectors) on the LLY, solving the issue for good. A cheap way to get better filtration is to put on a nicktane filter adapter ( $99 ) and then run CAT 2micron filters. Te filters are only $20 from finning, and supposed to be the best on the market. Hope this helps. Good luck.

martincc

Reaction score
thanks MB1... i saw that post somewhere.. not cool! I like the extra filtration.. thats a very good upgrade. Think I'll get these installed and buy an edge evolution CS programmer and keep an eye on balance rates... and trade up in a yr or two. Should be a fun times doing this repair.. would be better spent in the mtns sledding!

Top Bottom