Dubnyk traded to Nashville

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
Just got scrivens from LA. Bit better in net

I'm not 100% sure but I think he is a local boy. I think if the Oilers don't get something going this year top management has got to go!! Starting with Lowe.

brutematt750

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

femme.fatale.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I guess they got something for Dubnyk rather than letting him walk away for nothing when he goes UFA.
One thing we aren't considering, is Hendrick defensively sound? Is he a dirty pr!ck to play against? If the answer is yes, then I'm fine with it. If he makes the team tougher to play against and can hold his own on the ice, then i guess a change is as good as a rest!

Scrivens? We obviously needed a goalie now that one is gone. I don't know if you can downgrade from a 6'6" goalie who plays as tall as my 3 year old?

The 3rd round pick? I'm over building from the draft. Let's use the pieces we've got to create a team, or as well as we can with the crappy spare parts we are willing to get rid of>?

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
should have got rid of bryzgalov. he sure hasn't impressed me. at least the team retained half of dubnyk's salary

Shovelking780

Reaction score
It's about time they cut ties with that bum he needed to go a long time ago. Scrivens is a good pick up for the Oilers they get to try him out for the cost of a 3rd round pick then if he fits they can resign him as he is a free agent this summer. Hendricks plays tough, hits and is aggressive he might fit the bill for the bottom six. There will be plenty of room in the bottom six next season. Jones, Joensuu, Smyth, Hemsky should be all gone. As far as the goaltending I believe the Oilers will still look for a solid starter for next season somebody like Ward, Neuvirth, Halak possible someone like Enroth.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Until they shore up the defence core there is not a goalie out there who will impress. I think Dub/Briz/Barba etc. are easy scapegoats, hard to be a successful goalie when your own defences best attribute is the willingness & ability to screen the oppositions shots. yes they all let in some weak goals but every goalie does.

brutematt750

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well the goalie situation didn't seem fixed last night.
But good point about the d

Sent from my iPhone using while working extremely hard

ACP

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think it was a good move, I got to see Ben in net a number of times and I think he has what it takes, but like Bogger said with the defence we have and the style they play doesn't really matter who's in net. Also if the fans rip him apart like they did Dub its just a matter of time before he breaks. When a team is as low mentally as the oilers are you have to look at Management and coaching, this team is in a whole lot worse shape than last year. IMO Dallas Eakinis not ready for prime time and they should have brought him in as an assistant coach at least Krugher had the respect of the players and the players protected each other more so than they are doing now, hold on folks I don't think the ship has finished sinking.

summit1974

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its about time they got rid of dubnyk!!!there is NO goalie that can save the oilers by himself to be found in our galaxy.But if you watch much hockey dubnyk has had way to many bad games in goal.Bris is not getting wins but he is noticeably a better goalie and scrivens let in four goals but three out of four no goalie could have stopped them…Petry must go…did you see him get undress against the jets for the overtime loss.there is no way that would have happened to a defensive defensman.

femme.fatale.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Everything is ok , the owner apologized for the team sucking !!

Sent from my iPhone using while working extremely hard

Yeah. Cause that non-apology actually had an ounce of substance?! I'm choked. Seriously. If they raise the season ticket prices again, I'll be the first one TPing the Oilers head offices.

Top Bottom