dpf delete or not??

ThrottleOps

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey guys im on the fence right now about deleting my 2012 6.7 ford because im not crazy about voiding the warranty.

what are your guys thoughts on this?? Im not worried about boosting power id just like to hear the turbo more and get a better sounding truck

teamgreen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Really? You want to void warranty on a ~$50G truck, spend over $1000 and gain no power? Sounds like you have more money than brains!

Last edited:

08summit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Warranty? Whats that?...most dealers will fuc! you out of it whether you chip or not.

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My 2008 6.4 was deleted can't bring myself to do it on my 2012 6.7 they run nice stock, quiet, no stink, might do a h@s just for the wheel monitor bypass and better shifting though.

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey man theres lots of good DPF on tuners out there. I have my 2012 deleted and love it and get way better mileage and way better power but it says right on a big sticker under the hood that aftermarket parts will void warranty. Most shops will be sticky about this. if you dont wanna void warranty throw an S&B intake on and a dpf on tuner like SCT or the new H&S programs. But if you wanna delete it I can also help you with that!

ThrottleOps

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yea im just weighing my options for now, truly id like to hear a sound clip of a truck with just the dpf back exhaust system.
ps jared do you have an eta for my grille?

sweld

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yea im just weighing my options for now, truly id like to hear a sound clip of a truck with just the dpf back exhaust system.
ps jared do you have an eta for my grille?

Dpf back won't change the sound. Buddy has it. Made no difference

Gforce21

Reaction score
I have dpf delete on my 12. My dealer is very mod friendly so as long as its under 10k repair bill they can do it without ford canadas approval. If its over, ill just put it all back in before I tow it to ford.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

Oilboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't do it unless you want to lose warranty, Any chip you put in no matter what any one says will void warranty, ford has the tattle tail box in the truck like gm now. Also on the 6.7's if you turn up the chip to far you will more than likely chit your turbo wheel out the exhaust, the turbo is built for response in the 6.7 not huge air movement. They work great in stock form but be ready for a bill if you mod it
tuff motor and trans though if you do decide to do a delete, I wouldn't be worried about much going wrong after the turbo is changed out
they sound great when the dpf is gone there fairly loud and have a nice bark to them. Just go to YouTube there's lots of deleted 6.7's

LinkTank

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can install everything. And if your capable just remove it all or pay someone to put it back to stock and take it into Ford. I have a 2010 have everything installed and have removed it 3 times and had FULL warranty coverage from Ford. My buddy has a 2012. H&S, dpf delete, egr delete. 5 inch exhaust. We just blew the turbo on our last trip (which by the way these trucks are VERY common for this! Ford needs to get a better turbo for these trucks) but we put that truck completely back to stock. New turbo within 3 days $5000. Warranty covered. I've done numerous trucks with my buddy for other buddies and Ford had never once said blinked an eye. They will always ask you if it's been chipped. And if you say yes you deserve to have your warranty void. Lol.

sweld

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can install everything. And if your capable just remove it all or pay someone to put it back to stock and take it into Ford. I have a 2010 have everything installed and have removed it 3 times and had FULL warranty coverage from Ford. My buddy has a 2012. H&S, dpf delete, egr delete. 5 inch exhaust. We just blew the turbo on our last trip (which by the way these trucks are VERY common for this! Ford needs to get a better turbo for these trucks) but we put that truck completely back to stock. New turbo within 3 days $5000. Warranty covered. I've done numerous trucks with my buddy for other buddies and Ford had never once said blinked an eye. They will always ask you if it's been chipped. And if you say yes you deserve to have your warranty void. Lol.

Buddy did the same but replaced 2 bolts on the exhaust., no warranty because the bolts he put in we're not stamped as ford. New turbo 8000

LinkTank

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ouch! What dealer? I've heard there are some real dinks out there. We use Freedom for all our trucks. That to me seems like they were searching hard. And what does the dealer have to gain from voiding your warrenty? To me I wouldn't buy another truck from them or go back for service work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sweld

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ouch! What dealer? I've heard there are some real dinks out there. We use Freedom for all our trucks. That to me seems like they were searching hard. And what does the dealer have to gain from voiding your warrenty? To me I wouldn't buy another truck from them or go back for service work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This was Sherwood ford. My friend is diesel tech at kent wood and it is protocol now to submit pics with warranty claims

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
grille should be to me in 7-8 days then ill express ship it to ya. so i would say 10 days out. I can send you a video of my straight pipe 5" i dont recomend straight pipe the turbo on these trucks are horribly annoying when straight piped until you hit a good rpm then they growl. New turbos 3 different options gonna be realesed. The dpf Back wont change snything except loose the dual tip.

whiteline

Reaction score
So what is the theory on why blowing turbos is so common on the 6.7? Is it just the trucks run hot tunes? I haven't heard of my turbos going in stock trucks (except the cab and chassis, which is apparently and different turbo altogether). Is there a way of running a deleted truck and keeping the turbo from flying apart?

Top Bottom