DOO Parts Prices

c3burn

Reaction score
I purchased my 05 Summit 800 just before Christmas. I went to buy a few neccessary parts(plugs - $13.50/each and belt- $150.00) and am finding them to be extremely expensive compare to the US. Is there any place in Alberta or Canada that sells the parts cheaper. THe belt in the US is 85.00 and a box of 10 plugs is 40.00. Of course there is exchange and shipping but it still is cheaper. Has anybody bought stuff from the US?

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I get quite a bit of stuff from Recreation Supply in Saskatoon SK. They have a good online catalogue and decent prices. Plus good service and quick shipping; usually 3 days after I call in the order I have the parts in hand.:cool: http://www.recreationsupply.ca/

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Doo Pricing

I purchased my 05 Summit 800 just before Christmas. I went to buy a few neccessary parts(plugs - $13.50/each and belt- $150.00) and am finding them to be extremely expensive compare to the US. Is there any place in Alberta or Canada that sells the parts cheaper. THe belt in the US is 85.00 and a box of 10 plugs is 40.00. Of course there is exchange and shipping but it still is cheaper. Has anybody bought stuff from the US?

I KNOW ALL THE MANUFACTURERS GET YOU IN CERTAIN PARTS. I BUY MY SPARKPLUGS FROM NAPA, BECAUSE THE DOO PLUGS WERE $15.75 EACH AND MY BELT WAS $181.00. I RUN AN AUTO REPAIR SHOP, SO I BUY THE NAPA PLUGS FOR AROUND $7.00 EACH AND THE BELT(ITS BACK ORDERED - TOO NEW YET) IS GONNA BE ABOUT $70.00 OR SO.
I KNOW THE POO PARTS ARE VERY SIMILAR IN PRICING AND THE YAMMY PARTS TOO. DON'T KNOW ABOUT THE GREEN TEAM?? ANYONE??
SOME OF THE ACCESSORIES FROM DOO, ARE VERY REASONABLE, BUT SEEMS LIKE THE CORE MAINTENANCE STUFF IS VERY PRICEY.
HAVE BOUGHT SOME PARTS FROM THE STATES(CPI PIPES, EGT, ETC) BUT, ALSO BOUGHT SOME PARTS FROM ROYAL DISTRIBUTING. GONNA TRY THE RECREATION SUPPLY, LIKE SHREDDER SUGGESTED.
JUST MY 2 CENTS

poorman

Reaction score
The best one I have seen is on the 1000 and the 600 SdIs they have relays, they are 40.00 each through the dealer or 6.00 from NAPA. The whole 180.00 belt thing is ludicrous(sp) so I am trying a ultramax XS belt for 110.00. I just keep reminding myself that you have to pay to play but my wife isnt so keen on that theory...LOL

P.S I work a few blocks away from REC supply and the guys there are awesome to deal with and I cant believe there isnt something like that in alberta.

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Royal Distributing

Last time I ordered parts I asked them about opening a western store. They hqave been talking already but could you imagine the whining that the local dealers will be doing. Wa Wa. Just imagine the size of their booth at the snowmobile show. HUGE. In the Ontario show there are up to 10 cashiers in a row. To big for Alberta but we sure like for them to come to the show. On your next order suggest that they come. Lets see if we can get them here.

meierjn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ordered from Royal several times. Between friends and family this year we must be around $2000. Awsome service and fast shipping plus and a ton of stock!

Another good place to look is eBay. Lots of new and used sled stuff there.

mach 2

Reaction score
try kimpex they have a lot of wear items at 20% of the oem price. as mentioned your auto parts supplier can cross reference a lot of items. brp have gone completely insane. if you built a sled with replacement parts it would cost more than a new house.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Building A Vehicle

try kimpex they have a lot of wear items at 20% of the oem price. as mentioned your auto parts supplier can cross reference a lot of items. brp have gone completely insane. if you built a sled with replacement parts it would cost more than a new house.

HEY MACH2; ANY VEHICLE WOULD COST MORE IF YOU BUILT IT BUYING PARTS FROM THE MANUFACTURER. EG A $30,000 CAR WOULD COST ROUGHLY 3 TIMES THAT PRICE(I READ IT IN ONE OF OUR AUTOMOTIVE MAGS). OUCH, EH??;)

Top Bottom