do not understand

greatfanta

Reaction score
have a coolant leak on 06 m7 where steering post bolts at bottom looks like maybe a gasket no sure about this sled dealer says 2600 to fix it any help would be greatful

catinthehat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It could be a water pump issue, that is where the weep hole for the water pump is located.
If that is the case the motor has to come out and get stripped down.

bdietz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
also the front cooling rad is part of the tunnel so it could possably be cracked through under the stering post
it is possible to weld if that is the case but again the motor probably has to come out
you could pressure it up with air and look for bubbles
if you cant do most of the work yourself (removing motor) find a buddy to help its not that hard and will save a ton of money
2600 to fix seems a bit crazy

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
also the front cooling rad is part of the tunnel so it could possably be cracked through under the stering post
it is possible to weld if that is the case but again the motor probably has to come out
you could pressure it up with air and look for bubbles
if you cant do most of the work yourself (removing motor) find a buddy to help its not that hard and will save a ton of money
2600 to fix seems a bit crazy

Yeah the M chassis is known to crack at the bottom of the steering post. If it's bad enough both the tunnel and bulkhead can crack.

greatfanta

Reaction score
so took it apart and ya cracked under steering post f in guy put some kind of sealant in there my kid just bought it from some a-- hole and never told him about it kid has not even rode it buddy will not return his calls

catinthehat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so took it apart and ya cracked under steering post f in guy put some kind of sealant in there my kid just bought it from some a-- hole and never told him about it kid has not even rode it buddy will not return his calls
That sucks the big one. Hopefully kharma gets this guy and the experience doesn't totally sour your son on buying used equipment.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
take motor out and gas tank off, grind off goop dumb ass put on there, weld it up. It shouldn't affect coolant flow as its just a big one pass cooler in the front is it not? I didn't see any dedicated flow pattern when I looked at mine.

tantrumpipeline

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Get ahold of Deano on here he makes a brace for this spot and I highly recommend installing it after your patch work is done to prevent this from reoccurring

Top Bottom