do i need efi box for slp pipe on hcr

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well looking at and slp single pipe kit for my 09 hcr just wondering in i need a boondockers box for that thanks colin one dealer told me i didnt but i just want to check thanks:d

snotterite

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well looking at and slp single pipe kit for my 09 hcr just wondering in i need a boondockers box for that thanks colin one dealer told me i didnt but i just want to check thanks:d

Dont need it but if you want to run it at it's full potential....Get one.

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

i know u dont need one with full speedwerx set up but not so sure about slp.

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Get a BD box - the M8 can be a little lean in the midrange or on a long pull... good thing to remember that no two sleds are exactly alike, the ECM caliberation can be slightly different from model to model, too many variables to contend with. I'd also be establishing a baseline with EGT's and the stock pipe before throwing the SLP set on... my 2 cents, take it or leave it.

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Get a BD box - the M8 can be a little lean in the midrange or on a long pull... good thing to remember that no two sleds are exactly alike, the ECM caliberation can be slightly different from model to model, too many variables to contend with. I'd also be establishing a baseline with EGT's and the stock pipe before throwing the SLP set on... my 2 cents, take it or leave it.

good advice.

stompit

Reaction score
According to SLP website you are safe at elevation but I would not run without a controller under 3000ft

Go Hard Or Go Home

Reaction score
I run a 09 M8 with a SLP Y pipe ,pipe and can also RTEK head and base gasket kit ,with out a controler and finally runs not so rich. Also have over 600 miles on this combo with all kinds of riding on it .I did check with RKTEC about this combo they said you did not need to run a contoller . It did wake up this machine and made it even a nicer sled to operate.

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I run a 09 M8 with a SLP Y pipe ,pipe and can also RTEK head and base gasket kit ,with out a controler and finally runs not so rich. Also have over 600 miles on this combo with all kinds of riding on it .I did check with RKTEC about this combo they said you did not need to run a contoller . It did wake up this machine and made it even a nicer sled to operate.

WOW!!! I was seeing 1280* mid range EGT's; and high 1100's on climbs, running the stock pipe with a D&D Y-pipe and intake. This was at -30*, so this set up was fine; but I won't be running a pipe on my sled without a box.:beer:

Top Bottom