DJ Clutch Kit on an 08 XP

BoBo

Reaction score
With regards to the DJ clutch kit, I ride a 07 XRS 151 that I have recently done some clutch work to. I ran against a 09 XP 163 with DJ and anaialated it. Last year I could not come close to his marks when he was stock. So I am not sure what to think about DJ kits.:confused:

PJ440x

Reaction score
Just new here, Also just installed a DJ kit on my 09' XP 154". Where is the best place to get Quick Clickers? I'm living in Edmonton, AB. Thanks

drop the hammer

Reaction score
With regards to the DJ clutch kit, I ride a 07 XRS 151 that I have recently done some clutch work to. I ran against a 09 XP 163 with DJ and anaialated it. Last year I could not come close to his marks when he was stock. So I am not sure what to think about DJ kits.:confused:

DJ clutched XP is about 20% better than stock clutched, all other things being equal. XP's performance is very sensitive to sled set up and belt wear. I would have to get the details from your buddy on his set up, pin weight, gearing etc as they all change the performance drastically (ie with regular use the XP motors can slowly move to the mag side of the sled throwing out belt alignment). Was he even hitting 8200 rpm on digi guage? Was it backshifting properly? The only XP DJ kits I've even seen do worse than stock had the helix installed on the wrong ramp or the sled had other problems that were not clutch related. The good news is the XRS is a pretty tough sled that is solid as long as the engine doesn't go boom and it doesn't have all these little XP quirks.
I'd like to go for a little head to head ride against your XRS though :)

Big kid 33

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For a 2008 with the stock 413 ramp, you'll need a ramp change to Dj's mtn ramp. If you can find a used 441 set, they'll work too, but DJ's ramps are cheaper and better as they blend the low/midrange rpm performance of the loved 415 with the midrange/top end of the 441, so Dj's ramp is the best of both ramps. I ran my 2008 with Dj kit and stock ramps, it was an improvement over stock hands down, however, still not as dialed as i wanted it to be, I added his ramps and now it is right on.
For the price, just add them.
do you still have these kits

Top Bottom