Ditch banging strathcona county

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ditch banging is not permitted anywhere in Alberta. It is illegal.

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Is it still permitted to ditch bang in STRATHCONA county?? :d

Your new here aren't you? How much money do you have? They will take it all and your sled.

Don't ride in the county of Stratchona. They have closed all snowmobiling in that county.

• Thanks
Reactions: RXN

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
They actually follow tracks in ditches to their origin driveway or entrance and give warnings the first time... Then fine second time and impound and fine 3rd time.... No sledding in strathcona county :(

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sherwood park is all cops living out there, they run a tight ship.

You can try ride yellowhead west of the city or out by red water, gibbons etc.

gordhunt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can do it in Beaver County just drive East on hwy 14 until you see the Beaver County sign then unload and have fun

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

77Crash77

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can't bang ditches in strathcona county. But everything else is fair game!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

slededjr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can ditch bang in Strathcona County if you're on a fawking horse though. It's a shame, there's some really nice areas too.

Toro

Reaction score
Comrade welcome to a Strathcona county, home of the open wallet policy: leave it open because living here isn't cheap and the control freaks running it insist on total control of everything you do. As long as you enjoy petting puppy dogs and smelling flowers you'll be fine. Yep lived here for 36 years, beautiful county, great facilities but the biggest bunch of anal control freaks you'll ever meet.
Remember we don't have property rights in Alberta, you own the liability but the government can expropriate your property at will.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yup its a shame. used to log thousands of KM a year in strathcona county but gave up. Sure have all your paperwork in order blahblahblah but i dont like to be bothered when i am on my snowmobile. Headed to the hills and havent set tracks in strathcona in 10 years. They will find you. follow you. bomb their truck into the ditch. do whatever it takes to track you down.

Toro

Reaction score
Yep seen that bylaw guy around in some of the sub divisions near my place, he seems to really "enjoy" catching or finding "offenders". It's one thing to enforce the law/by-laws, that guy seems to feed on inflicting pain in the form of penalties.
Ahhh but it's all part of the Stahlin based Strathcona county planning and enforcement.

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cooking Lake. Word of caution, have your paper work when riding there. Got stopped one year on the lake, had insurance (not on me) and didn't have my registration done yet. $330.00 in fines.

tiger666

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Once they open ministic again,it needs two more inches of snow.theres all the riding area you need just google ministic trails for a map and directions.

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ministik, great place, just not enough snow this year. If you talk to the Tri-County Snowmobile Club, they can hook you up with Trail passes (if you don't already have) as well as trail maps and club rides.

Tri-County members maintain and look after these trails.

Top Bottom