Diff lock not working

northern bear

RIP May 30,2022
Reaction score
I got a 07 grizz 700 and my diff lock is not funcioning. The light on the pod comes on when activated and is working properly and u can hear the servo motor engage, but it fails to lock up. Any ideas on this?

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
Probably the shift fork in the diff is cratered.Do you engage and disengage thelocker alot or when allready stuck?

northern bear

RIP May 30,2022
Reaction score
Don't really use it a lot, but i guess i usually engage when i'm stuck or about to get stuck. Had to ride out the whole robb rally last year with diff lock and the over ride button due to a broken front cv, but it worked after that. it would make an odd clicking sound time to time though.

iongar

Reaction score
I was reading somewhere that it is a defect in the grizzlys

Might be a recall?

northern bear

RIP May 30,2022
Reaction score
Defect i don't doubt, but an actual recall is hard to believe. Yamaha likes to call them upgrades and charges the buyer for their mistakes, but i'll check into it.

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
Mine still works but i know a few 700 and 660 s that have had problems.I don't know how much it is to get fixed,but Yamaha did tell me that the front tires should BOTH turn three or four revolutions before givin it in diff lock.Even if the light turns on when in diff lock it doesn't mean that it is fully locked ,sounds stupid i know .

Major

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 660 and had a diff issue as well. I pulled it out myself and took it apart as it was off warrenty. There is a sliding fork that is moved by the servo motor. it was bent and not fully disengaging the diff or fully locking it up. I took the diff to Yamaha dealer in Red Deer and they fixed it up for about 200 bucks. Works like a charm now. They did tell me to make sure you either have it locked up and idel a few revolutions on the tires to make sure it is fully engaged before tearing up the mud hole.

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
I have a 660 and had a diff issue as well. I pulled it out myself and took it apart as it was off warrenty. There is a sliding fork that is moved by the servo motor. it was bent and not fully disengaging the diff or fully locking it up. I took the diff to Yamaha dealer in Red Deer and they fixed it up for about 200 bucks. Works like a charm now. They did tell me to make sure you either have it locked up and idel a few revolutions on the tires to make sure it is fully engaged before tearing up the mud hole.

Yes that is what i have been told as well:beer::beer::beer:

northern bear

RIP May 30,2022
Reaction score
A sliding fork makes sense. I will check into that when i got some free time. thanks for the tips everyone

Top Bottom