diesel tire options

ThrottleOps

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I'm looking for tire suggestions!

I love the look of all the mud tires, is there any that actually work well on the icy roads and highways?
Or is there some all terrains that are popular and have a nice looking sidewall ?

I'm just shopping for rims and need to decide on a tire for my super duty

Gforce21

Reaction score
I run pitbull rockers on all 3 of my super dutys. Hands down the best tires I've ever had. Only problem is theyre a production run tire made in batches of 50. So if you blow one up you may be in for a wait to get another. That wont happen to me again. I've got a 37" and a 41.5" sitting in my garage.

Gforce21

Reaction score
10 ply e-rated radials. I pulled a 14k toy hauler for 3000k in the middle of summer with not even a 64th of wear. And they grip like hell in the winter.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

High Velocity

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
IMHO, there are numerous good mud tires out there, but they're not designed for snow and ice. I run two sets of tires on my '11 Ram 3500. The winters are Blizzaks and they are awesome. So far, no matter how icy the highway is, my truck never even twitches, even with an enclosed trailer in tow. Buy what you like for three seasons, but go with a good brand of ice & snow radials for winter. You won't regret it.

Sent from my iPad when I should be sledding.

HRT Offroad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just put a set of the new Toyo A/T 2's on my Dodge - Hands down the best tire I have ever owned. I have always ran the Toyo M/T's, but wanted to try something that would be a little more winter friendly. I rarely have to switch into 4wd pulling the enclosed trailer over winter roads and icy logging roads. They are fairly aggressive for an A/T and have a fairly aggressive look to them. I know that we will be selling a ton of them. Lots of E-Rated sizes to choose from!!

Attachments

• OPAT2_Banner.jpg
    OPAT2_Banner.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 296

347strokin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I guess it depends on what size you are looking at running. I purchased a set of 34.4" Goodyear Duratracs on 17" rims for my winters on my lifted Dodge. I run a sled deck and I find it's way too much sidewall flex. The truck is all over the road and I can really feel it on the corners. They have amazing grip and I think they would be a really good tire if you don't run too much sidewall height.

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I guess it depends on what size you are looking at running. I purchased a set of 34.4" Goodyear Duratracs on 17" rims for my winters on my lifted Dodge. I run a sled deck and I find it's way too much sidewall flex. The truck is all over the road and I can really feel it on the corners. They have amazing grip and I think they would be a really good tire if you don't run too much sidewall height.

What size did you go with? I was pricing out duratracs today for my work truck my sledding truck already has them on and they are a 285x60 on a 16 Rim and I haven't had any issues but I think those are a 31"

I was going to go with the 315x60 on a 22 Rim for the work truck

250mark1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the 275 65 r20 34.5" dura trac on my superduty they are a great tire no complaints with 2 sleds on the deck either but less side wall than your 17"

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its about time they built something in the AT that works. The first ones were terrible as tried them twice and both times couldn't get more then 30000kms and traction sucked.
The MT's worked better in the winter and could get more wear out the them.
May have to try a set again.

I just put a set of the new Toyo A/T 2's on my Dodge - Hands down the best tire I have ever owned. I have always ran the Toyo M/T's, but wanted to try something that would be a little more winter friendly. I rarely have to switch into 4wd pulling the enclosed trailer over winter roads and icy logging roads. They are fairly aggressive for an A/T and have a fairly aggressive look to them. I know that we will be selling a ton of them. Lots of E-Rated sizes to choose from!!

butters

Reaction score
Dick cepek FCII. 35/12.50/18. Just switched this winter. Amazing traction. With 2 sleds on the deck and the programmer on mild you really have to try and make it spin on hard pack snow in 2WD

Nonhighwayservice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have 37x13.50R17 Toyo M/T on my truck and I HATE them, they wander all over the road and fill with mud. Duratracs are the best all around tire, and a priced right too.

mel.h

Reaction score
I am on my 3rd Winter with the Duratracs, 285 / 70 / 17. I will not go back to them. I still have about 70% thread left. The siping is inferior to a lot of other brands out there and in light snow / icy conditions they will not hold the road in 2 wheel drive...period. If you decide you are going to buy them, best thing, IMO, Stud them right from new because no one I have found will stud them after you have driven om them for 1 season, nor will they re-sipe them. Also, I run approx. 600 lbs of weight in the back end. Without that the truck is all over the road if its not dry pavement.

Last edited:

NorthstaRmk

Reaction score
i just purchased dunlop fierce attitude tires for my truck, get them installed tomorrow morning, they are 10ply and m+s rated. heading to the mac on thursday so ill will post how they are on the road, cant be worse than the stock continentals

Top Bottom