Deaths

PINKalicious

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i am so sorry for your loss:( i am not trying to HJ your thread at all but i too st lost someone...
i want to vent not sure i can. it was just such a hard funeral today, death is hard no matter what it be cancer or a car crash...but to take your own life at 38? we cousins the same age grew up together...my heart is breaking that's for sure. suicide breaks the livings hearts! she felt like there was no other way she made an "exit bag" using helium it is instant death and part of the "pro choice" movement. for most people death changes them in some way...i just think about the people i love and can not go a day without thinking about even more! maybe not a good thing for me lol. anyway one day at a time i know what i want, who i want to be with and how much they make me happy!
if there was ever a weekend i could go ride this would be the one, i feel free when i ride and just enjoy the beauty God made around me and the friends that take me with them! :)

Last edited:

barleyfarmer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry for your loss!The family needs a good friend like you at a time like this!My friend lost his 16 year old in a quad accident a year ago and they are still suffering!They say time heals all wounds but it sucks watching the healing!My condolences to all involved!

etecheaven

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
this is why i support the new drunk driving legislation. This is the FACTS about the new law. Please read, because it shows that the law is not out there to attack the occasional drinker. It toughens the penalties all around. Got this from my Local MLA.

Bill 26 does not change any of the impairment levels that Alberta currently uses...it only toughens the penalties...

- drivers convicted of a criminal offence (above .08) will now have a mandatory ignition interlock for one year, escalating to 3 years for a second offence, 5 years for a 3rd offence

- drivers who are criminally charged (above .08) will have their license suspended until the charge is resolved.

- there will be escalating penalties for repeat offences between .05-.08. Currently, you can just keep getting 24-hour suspensions with no escalation. Under this legislation, it will be a 3-day suspension/3-day vehicle seizure for a first offence, 15/7 for a second offence, 30/7 for a third offence. There will also be mandatory courses on second and third offences.

- new drivers under 18 will be limited to one passenger and prevented from driving between midnight and 5am for the first six months of their probationary license period.

- unlike BC, we will have a robust appeal system in place, and we will not stop charging drivers above .08 under the criminal code.
It's very important to know that the penalties for driving at a level of .05 are not new! The .05 blood alcohol level has been enforced for years as a 'warn' to the criminal charge and an acknowledgment that impairment begins at .05.....the administrative penalty today is a 24 hour suspension. As a matter of interest, last year 7700 Albertans received this penalty....and Saskatchewan has a 'warn' limit of .04 and BC has a limit of .05

Please dont drink and drive.

sunshinesmiles

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pink childhood friend I lost on Feb 18, 2012 was also a suicide so I totally sympathize with you............very hard to understand...... 41 years old. March 28 Lost another childhood friend to heart attack at 41 years old..........and now Colton 19. I feel like I have been in a horror movie and can't get out. Colton's service is going to be so hard Saturday, but known his Dad for over 30 years, so will try and be strong for him. Spending time with the family day after it happened was heart wrenching !!! I am surprised I'm not in the looney bin !!!!!!

Death is never easy no matter the circumstance.................Live Love Laugh !!!!

SlowKrawl

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is horrible, I am tired of hearing drunk driving related accidents and deaths. It discusts me that people still do it, and some even talk openly(and think they are pretty funny) about doing it. It seems like for every 1 person who drinks responsibly there is 5 people that just can't handle it....

On sort of a related note...

The police don't make it very easy to report a drunk driver, which has turned me off of doing it. I know for me personally, next time I see one I will give them the details and then hang up.

My mom reported a drunk driver in edmonton, she is from red deer. In the middle of winter she takes the day off work and spends the night in edmonton to go to court, gets the court in the morning and is told "oh, that officer was transferred to montreal so the case was thrown out" or something along those lines. They say keep your receipts and they will cover your wages and expenses...Fair enough, but I am not sure if that does actually happen or when. What if she were driving to edmonton to testify against some drunken looser and hit the ditch? Insurance will cover that, but it wouldn't help if she died...

Another friend of mine, similar story, we reported a driver on the highway near leduc, he's from red deer...On the day he was supposed to go to court in leduc we had freezing rain so he made the smart decision to call them and tell them he wasn't coming, period.

Me and another friend reported a drunk driver in fort saskatchewan, my buddy either forgot about the court date or didn't take it very seriously...He just about wasn't allowed out of the country to get married.

It shouldn't be a pita to try and do the world a favour, it does not help the situation AT ALL.

sunshinesmiles

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Colton Keeler past away Saturday morning while helping friends, his friend Tyson fought for his life until today. Tyson has past due to his injuries, his family must be devastated. The dri...ver of the vehicle that hit them is a mother of 2, she sits in jail on suicide watch. I am unaware of where her children are, but directly 3 families are affected and countless others are now suffering. This is due to 1 mistake, 1 moment, 1 choice, you can't take back your mistakes. Please learn from this, don't drink and drive.

Bandit_750

Reaction score
this is why i support the new drunk driving legislation. This is the FACTS about the new law. Please read, because it shows that the law is not out there to attack the occasional drinker. It toughens the penalties all around. Got this from my Local MLA.

Bill 26 does not change any of the impairment levels that Alberta currently uses...it only toughens the penalties...

- drivers convicted of a criminal offence (above .08) will now have a mandatory ignition interlock for one year, escalating to 3 years for a second offence, 5 years for a 3rd offence

- drivers who are criminally charged (above .08) will have their license suspended until the charge is resolved.

- there will be escalating penalties for repeat offences between .05-.08. Currently, you can just keep getting 24-hour suspensions with no escalation. Under this legislation, it will be a 3-day suspension/3-day vehicle seizure for a first offence, 15/7 for a second offence, 30/7 for a third offence. There will also be mandatory courses on second and third offences.

- new drivers under 18 will be limited to one passenger and prevented from driving between midnight and 5am for the first six months of their probationary license period.

- unlike BC, we will have a robust appeal system in place, and we will not stop charging drivers above .08 under the criminal code.
It's very important to know that the penalties for driving at a level of .05 are not new! The .05 blood alcohol level has been enforced for years as a 'warn' to the criminal charge and an acknowledgment that impairment begins at .05.....the administrative penalty today is a 24 hour suspension. As a matter of interest, last year 7700 Albertans received this penalty....and Saskatchewan has a 'warn' limit of .04 and BC has a limit of .05

Please dont drink and drive.

I'm not going to sit here and say i have never driven a vehicle while under the influence. But the cities, especially red deer need to wake up and double the taxi cab numbers. People stand outside the bars in the winter for 2-3 hours waiting for cabs. This, in my eyes is why drinking and driving is very bad in the red deer area.

I support stiffer laws for drinking and driving.

sunshinesmiles

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In this clip it shows where I live in Wetaskiwin, is one of the top 10 places of Drunk Drivers..............scares the heck out of me now, knowing my son is out riding his bike etc with his friends....................stiffer laws are definatly needed. And honestly in all the years I have lived here........9 now I believe, I don't think I've yet seen a check stop set up, anywhere !!! Ever !!!!

I'm not going to say I've never got behind the wheel before when I probably shouldn't have................but know this..........seeing the pain my BFF has and is still going through..........I know I never ever will again !!!

Top Bottom