dalton kits

chop

Reaction score
looking for a dalton clutch kit to fit my 2013 outlander 500 xt , the dalton site shows one for the 500 but up to year 2010.(
(dbo 500) will this fit my quad ?

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
looking for a dalton clutch kit to fit my 2013 outlander 500 xt , the dalton site shows one for the 500 but up to year 2010.(
(dbo 500) will this fit my quad ?
Yes, will fit. What are you trying to change/gain?

chop

Reaction score
trying to get a little more punch off the line , maybe a wheelie or two lol , i find low is to low for trail riding and high is to high for the technical stuff. looking at new tire as well , 27'' mega mayhems. they are a little heavier .

Last edited:

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
trying to get a little more punch off the line , maybe a wheelie or two lol , i find low is to low for trail riding and high is to high for the technical stuff. looking at new tire as well , 27'' mega mayhems. they are a little heavier .
Well...low SHOULD be too low for trail riding and high SHOULD be too high for technical stuff...that's the way it's supposed to be and a clutch kit won't change that. 27" Megas are heavy....if you want to do a wheelie, you'll need to spend the $$$ on an aftermarket primary clutch. A QSC or CV Tech will give you a lower start ratio. A clutch KIT (Dalton or QSC) will raise the engagement RPM and the shiftout RPM in order to compensate for larger tires, but won't make your machine a wheelie machine.

chop

Reaction score
thanks for that Dave , should i change the belt from the factory one. i'm trying the dalton kit with stock 26'' act's for now . undecided on the tires for now , ride trails alot but need something for the mud and skeg .

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Factory belt is the safest choice. I only run stockers. I think Kwik runs a Gates Carbon belt with good luck.

Top Bottom