Crossfire 141" x 1 1/2" cobra in the mountains?

gallays

Reaction score
Hey guys i just picked up my 2010 Crossfire 141" sno pro with an 1 1/2" cobra track on. This is my first longer track sled, ive only owned 121" before this. Will i be able to get around in the mountains with this track? Ill only make it to the mountains once a season so it wasnt worth it for me to buy an m series, cause 99% of my riding is in the Saskatchewan prairies. Im not worrying about high marking just being able to ride... please let me know boys! Thanks.

mur190

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
do you plan on going in december, jan or in the spring??
just keeper to the pin either way and you'll be fine

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
It should work well for you as long as your not trying to set a high mark in 2 - 4 feet of fresh powder. If you run into a fresh powder day, just follow someones trail. It was not all that long ago a factory sled with 136" track with 1-1/2" lugs was considered to be a true mountain sled.

Beekeeper

Reaction score
I have been to Revy, Valemount and Mcbride on my 06 X-Fire 7 with the stock 136" x 1.25". All I can say is GO!! You will learn your limitations really quick. You will just boondock a llitle more that everyone else and trail jack going from bowl to bowl.

gallays

Reaction score
Sweet we re thinkin about hittin up revvy, its my first time heading up so I don't think ill be too crazy yet haha

taran1

Reaction score
Took my 2009 X-fire sp twice last winter and had no problem. Tried the M8 and was really disappointed. Prefered my crossfire,much easier to throw around in powder and spring conditions. Just keep er pinned in the powder and keep your momentum going.I am from Manitoba and wanted a dual purpose sled , trail and mountain. Have a great time.

crowsfeet

Reaction score
Back in 06 I got a really good deal on a switchback witha 144x1.25. I discovered really quick that the difference between the 1.25 and 2" is like nite and day in the deep stuff! So with 350 clicks on it I had to buck up for the new track. But it was worth every pennie spent if you ride the fluff lots...for you probably not . If you doo happen to hit a good powder day you should try one of your buddies sleds who have paddles.You'll see what I mean but your machine will still doo fine,just take a little advice from the previous posts

speed

Reaction score
you will be fine you see them up there every once and a while and i took my fire cat ext out there at xmas four years ago with the inch and a quarter track and didnt have two many problems

Top Bottom