Coutts/Sweetgrass Border Crossing Blocked

d8grandpa

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The thing is the protesters do not, nor ever will have priority over a "Public Heathy Order". The Fed. govt. will not remove the restrictions under the pressure of a protest, thus the rules will remain in place until after the protestors go home. It is the protesters that are now responsible for any delays for relaxing any of the PHO rules across Canada. The longer they hold out, the longer the restrictions will stay in place.

The government will not concede and set a precedent by giving them anything that may be considered a win. It would be like agreeing to pay a ransom, pay it once and there would be a never ending lineup of groups using the same tactic to make demands. It's a no win situation.
Too late, the precedent has already be set by this inept turd. The pipeline protests in Vancouver, the BLM crap, the rail line blockades and burning. Not a darn thing was done with any of them. This is only the start, many more protests to follow.

powderbound

Reaction score
Here lies the problem, a busted broken system. It's only a no win if you support it, fortunately the truckers & freedom fighters do not. I'm 110% on board & behind them, sadly you & your like are part of the reason it has come to this.
CTD you are right the system is very broken on so many levels, governments of all incarnations, large corporations etc... I understand why the freedom convoy is happening, I just cannot buy into the tactic. I also have no respect for the news lumping all of the supporters in Ottawa as bad people that is completely one sided (as usual by CTV) Most are good people who are pissed off and understandably so. So I will play devils advocate here and ask how would you respond to a bunch pro Vaxxers showing up in your neighborhood closing down the streets. It would be like how I got upset at the people closing down streets here protesting old growth logging. I think we should be mindful that the Charter is applicable to each and every person equally thanks for listening

Outdoors

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
CTD you are right the system is very broken on so many levels, governments of all incarnations, large corporations etc... I understand why the freedom convoy is happening, I just cannot buy into the tactic. I also have no respect for the news lumping all of the supporters in Ottawa as bad people that is completely one sided (as usual by CTV) Most are good people who are pissed off and understandably so. So I will play devils advocate here and ask how would you respond to a bunch pro Vaxxers showing up in your neighborhood closing down the streets. It would be like how I got upset at the people closing down streets here protesting old growth logging. I think we should be mindful that the Charter is applicable to each and every person equally thanks for listening
We’ve been under their capture for 2 years!! I don’t know much about old growth Forrest I leave that up to the professionals,everyone likes big trees but I think there’s reasons they are cut down.

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And what would they be protesting? Getting vaccinated?
Difference is mandating and firing people for not putting a non approved vaccine is wrong. Possibly illegal.
Look at the big picture, the entire lockdown, mask vaccine bs has been the biggest disaster to human kind in history.
And why? Less than 1% of those who got sick died.

powderbound

Reaction score
And what would they be protesting? Getting vaccinated?
Difference is mandating and firing people for not putting a non approved vaccine is wrong. Possibly illegal.
Look at the big picture, the entire lockdown, mask vaccine bs has been the biggest disaster to human kind in history.
And why? Less than 1% of those who got sick died.
I see your point, yes they would be protesting you for not getting vaccinated like I suggested the Charter is equal to ALL Canadians to apply their position on any given subject just because people have a different opinion does not make them wrong just different. I know some of would fair half decent if we contracted COVID, I am very healthy and very fit, no health issues that could possibly result in hospitalization or death. But some not so much, that is why so many have died. I am not sure about the legal side of your position I believe some very smart people way above our paygrades have argued this point infinitum., Lets hope all the money people are spending on all theses super smart lawyers are getting their monies worth

SUMMIT TREE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
At the end of the day, the government works for the people, with the peoples best interest in mind.
That has stopped being the case. The so called “leader” has ran away, will not talk, will not listen. There trying to take a strong hold against us, resorting to gestapo type measures to make us quit exercising our constitutional right to peaceful protest. When the police force that we the people Pay for starts stealing our personal belongings, thats not a government acting in the peoples best interest anymore, Its still called theft. Its not a difficult situation. The government does what its people tell it to do, and when they start going against that and telling us what there going to do, regardless of what we want, well thats when things fall off the rails.

Cdnfireman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The best thing about all of this is that it’s turning the disdain and arrogance politicians have for all of us into a realization that they only have any control if we agree to let them have it. They see that control slipping away and you can see the fear in their eyes….

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The best thing about all of this is that it’s turning the disdain and arrogance politicians have for all of us into a realization that they only have any control if we agree to let them have it. They see that control slipping away and you can see the fear in their eyes….
I had a small confrontation with the manager of the government liquor store today, he asked me to put a mask on. I said nope, he replied it's required. Told him the only reason it's still a thing is people keep obeying it.

Tchetek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a small confrontation with the manager of the government liquor store today, he asked me to put a mask on. I said nope, he replied it's required. Told him the only reason it's still a thing is people keep obeying it.
Haven’t had anybody say a word. But have had a few people pull theirs down in relief when I walked into their stores without one.

Only been wearing one at places that are preparing me food. Just in case the they are diaper munchers with an opportunity to spit in my lunch.

Poleman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
OMG, you should have started a protest in front of the store:) Maybe protest the high cost of your booze as well?

Shuswaper

Reaction score
And what if certain people organizing the protests know this, instead they are using that fact to show the public how little our elected government cares about those that elected them? Can you say public awakening?

If you wanted to awaken the public to how badly thier government wants them to just be obedient slaves, what would you do different? 😉
You're probably right but I don't think any of the people out protesting actually voted for Trudeau and he knows it. It must be difficult to negotiate with someone who shows up for a meeting waving an F-You flag with your name on it! :)

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You're probably right but I don't think any of the people out protesting actually voted for Trudeau and he knows it. It must be difficult to negotiate with someone who shows up for a meeting waving an F-You flag with your name on it! :)
Being the prime minister isn't just about flying around on our dime, if it's to tough find another job....

freeflorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haven’t had anybody say a word. But have had a few people pull theirs down in relief when I walked into their stores without one.

Only been wearing one at places that are preparing me food. Just in case the they are diaper munchers with an opportunity to spit in my lunch.
This is the truth, we all feel obligated to obey. Why is it that we have become scared to act like a human being.

Top Bottom