Coutts/Sweetgrass Border Crossing Blocked

Poleman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kenney announced the end of this at stampede last year. Lasted seven weeks only
Last year Kenny announced Open for Good and "The Best Summer Ever", this time around it's "The Best Spring Ever"...lol
Just like the USA election in 2016 with Trump, Elect a Clown Expect the Circus !!!

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Last year Kenny announced Open for Good and "The Best Summer Ever", this time around it's "The Best Spring Ever"...lol
Just like the USA election in 2016 with Trump, Elect a Clown Expect the Circus !!!
They elected the clown last year! The election before they elected "the man".

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think you can align a lot of guys on here with the same mentality of NDP Rachel Notley....no matter what Kenny does, its wrong or not enough, etc, etc.... all bitch, no solution.
a bunch of bitchin and complaining Rachels.

He's announced an end to this. Yes, its in a couple steps but basically in 3 weeks, we're done.

The border crossing rules...that's a federal ruling, not provincial
Just gazing through the news today its just so easy to see that Kenney may as well wave the white flag and give up. Gerald Butts is publically bagging on him for opening too soon, Notley and Gondek are bagging on him opening too soon. The main street media is saying he is just pandering to his base and his supposed base is bagging on him because he's not doing anything good enough for them? Its almost hilarious. Wheres the outrage for Horgan from the BC guys on here? They like to bag on our premier but last time I checked I have to show my passport to eat in a restaurant when I go sledding there and no deadline when their mandates are over? I applaud him for opening as early as he is. Watching other provincial governments react to the pandemic the past 2 years its blatantly obvious that Alberta and Saskatchewan have been the most open through all of this and have been met with the most disdain? Sounds like people would rather have an NDP government again.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
At the Coutts border now. We were at milk river earlier . Blocking highway by cops. you have to go around them in the ditch Head up the highway on the wrong side. Carry diesel 3 km in 5 gallon pails. Flats of water, food. So awesome so many smiles. I’m here since early this morning on the highway got here late last night. I’ve yet to see a racist or a confederate flag lol

Attachments

• 48A18817-43F5-48D4-8081-7C5DB6F5C589.jpeg
    48A18817-43F5-48D4-8081-7C5DB6F5C589.jpeg
    791.7 KB · Views: 101
  • F18E18C5-95E0-4E33-AAE4-79D7E1B66768.jpeg
    F18E18C5-95E0-4E33-AAE4-79D7E1B66768.jpeg
    419.5 KB · Views: 111
  • FDFF5EE2-50AC-41A5-9DAD-35EA3D200015.jpeg
    FDFF5EE2-50AC-41A5-9DAD-35EA3D200015.jpeg
    276.8 KB · Views: 99

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just gazing through the news today its just so easy to see that Kenney may as well wave the white flag and give up. Gerald Butts is publically bagging on him for opening too soon, Notley and Gondek are bagging on him opening too soon. The main street media is saying he is just pandering to his base and his supposed base is bagging on him because he's not doing anything good enough for them? Its almost hilarious. Wheres the outrage for Horgan from the BC guys on here? They like to bag on our premier but last time I checked I have to show my passport to eat in a restaurant when I go sledding there and no deadline when their mandates are over? I applaud him for opening as early as he is. Watching other provincial governments react to the pandemic the past 2 years its blatantly obvious that Alberta and Saskatchewan have been the most open through all of this and have been met with the most disdain? Sounds like people would rather have an NDP government again.
a lot of people are unhappy with Kenny how many? no idea. NDP hopefully gone forever! alternative Kenny steps down, conservative will stay , otherwise who knows what will happen. same as federal people not happy with voting choices, usually just don't vote. dropping the covid restrictions might gain him some support, no idea. wait and see!

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kenny has shown his true colors over the last 2 years. He is a liar, and some still believe him now. Slap yourselves until you awake.
He certainly hasn't been the best premier on some issues and as a founding UCP member I have been disappointed in some of his policies but hard to argue we have had the most freedom of any other province in Canada Wes the past 2 years. It comes and goes away because of covid numbers but I honestly in my heart believe he has catered to the unvaxed more than any other premier. Pretty hard to argue that. People complain he opened up for summer and then lockdowned when it didn't work but the alternative would have been Notley or Horgan and have been in total lockdown since Day 1? Remember when Horgan wanted to close the BC border to Albertans? Don't remember Kenney suggesting that.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
a lot of people are unhappy with Kenny how many? no idea. NDP hopefully gone forever! alternative Kenny steps down, conservative will stay , otherwise who knows what will happen. same as federal people not happy with voting choices, usually just don't vote. dropping the covid restrictions might gain him some support, no idea. wait and see!
I hope the NDP are gone forever to Larry.

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hate Horgan and the NDP with a passion but he is smart. He doesn't make any moves that will make him look bad.
He does nothing for anyone outside the greater Vancouver area imo. That's where his votes come from that's who he caters to.

linksys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
He certainly hasn't been the best premier on some issues and as a founding UCP member I have been disappointed in some of his policies but hard to argue we have had the most freedom of any other province in Canada Wes the past 2 years. It comes and goes away because of covid numbers but I honestly in my heart believe he has catered to the unvaxed more than any other premier. Pretty hard to argue that. People complain he opened up for summer and then lockdowned when it didn't work but the alternative would have been Notley or Horgan and have been in total lockdown since Day 1? Remember when Horgan wanted to close the BC border to Albertans? Don't remember Kenney suggesting that.

Two amazingly well written posts! Every politician has been pulled in every direction and had to make tough, unpopular decisions. I am not a total fan of Kenny but I also wouldn't want to be in his shoes over the last couple years....

I feel things are happening, our "freedom for everybody" is just around the corner. Expecting a magic switch to be flipped and erasing all restrictions immediately is not rational thinking.

I applaud the truckers blockade as I think they may have accelerated some decision making but I also caution the truckers blockade to also be the voice of reason.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Truckers negation random openings of the crossing.

Attachments

• IMG_0957.MOV
    61.8 MB

linksys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hate Horgan and the NDP with a passion but he is smart. He doesn't make any moves that will make him look bad.
He does nothing for anyone outside the greater Vancouver area imo. That's where his votes come from that's who he caters to.
What has your Premier said recently in terms of opening things up?

The big greasy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Catered to the unvaxed, wow. Remember when Kenny said he wouldn't do qr codes in alberta and didn't know what they were? He soon found out ken. Yes notley would be worse but we will all end up at the same result with either, some just play us more than others, and some buy the bullchit.

The big greasy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Remember when Kenny said he wouldn't do qr codes in alberta and didn't know what they were? He soon found out Ken. Yes notley would be worse but we will all end up at the same result with either, some just play us more than others, and some buy the bullchit. Wait and let's see in the future what will happen. I would guess the qr code will come back into effect for some reason, I'm sure will be deemed nessisary, but as long as the shot keep getting their shots they will stay free, or the illusion of it.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
What has your Premier said recently in terms of opening things up?
He is leaving it to Dr. Bonnie Henry ("she has more qualifications on health issues than I do", he said.) Further on he said something about the numbers after the Family Day weekend being something that may cause the direction to change.

I agree with pano-dude, he is quiet and appeasing the lower mainland voters. Basically, stays out of the media as he knows he is not liked in the rest of BC.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So with that thinking shouldn't Kenney just stay locked down and cater to the 85% of Albertans vaccinated? Your comment makes no sense.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Remember when Kenny said he wouldn't do qr codes in alberta and didn't know what they were? He soon found out Ken. Yes notley would be worse but we will all end up at the same result with either, some just play us more than others, and some buy the bullchit. Wait and let's see in the future what will happen. I would guess the qr code will come back into effect for some reason, I'm sure will be deemed nessisary, but as long as the shot keep getting their shots they will stay free, or the illusion of it.
Well like one of the news outlets said this morning, until the Turd changes his mind you better keep that passport for travel outside of Canada. Lots of countries require proof to fly to their country.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Yup, we were all there...and obviously, in hindsight, it was too soon.
same thing now, they will lift restrictions but if something worse comes along, they have to address the situation and react to it, what other answer is there?
Yep. The bodies were piling up. Good thing we locked the place down.

Top Bottom