costs for secondary update, gearing, belt guard, and labour???

chris_paquin

Reaction score
Hey guys I am wondering what everyone is paying to get the secondary update, diff gearing, diff belt guard, and labour? I just had mine done and it costed $362.02

noturn

Reaction score
It won't be done at the DEALER close to you that's for sure!!! Learnt that lesson and still have a sore ARSE from it!!! Yours should still be under warranty is it not? Next time bring it over, and it'll cost ya a beer to get it done hahaha.

chris_paquin

Reaction score
I had 2 sleds done and they hit me for $720???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

noturn

Reaction score
HOLY SHITTT!!! Swift's service manager and department is a joke!!! They can add things to a sled and charge you big dollars for it, but don't know what to do when it needs repairs besides replacing parts instead of fixing it. Keep billing extra hours when its already disassembled and replacing parts, need to remember its a recreational shop rate and not the farm machinery side! Like I said before, Lessoned learned!!! Garage is always open if you want. rate is way cheaper (free) just take the kid surfin a couple times!!!;)

Brewer

Reaction score
Found out the hard way too. Got all that work done to find out only the secondary was covered through warranty. Walked in blind to a 350 bill that I was under the impression was covered. A little bit misinformed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yaya

Reaction score
Just had my 2012 pro climb blow apart on my sled, It killed my belt cause everything dropped into the helix . backside of the clutch sheared the bolts right off. The 4 bolts for the helix and 2 that hold the plastic ramps all gone. Dealership told me to ship the clutch back and covered everything under warranty . No questions asked.... Paid the shipping and everything. Brand new 2014 clutch on the old 2012 now. Never had any problems with belts so i hope nothing has changed.

bgraff1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i had the exact same thing happen to me. 3/4 of the helix bolts sheared off, destroyed my belt and cover. took it to the dealer, they ordered an updated one on warranty and took a secondary off of a sled in the showroom so i could still ride in the meantime. cost me a belt but im not to concerned as it lasted 1700km and a belt cover but i wanted the new 1 piece one anyway.

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just got my 12 re-geared and a new chain put on. I can't wait to try it with the 14 clutch. I'm hoping that there will be a noticable difference. My bill was $355 for new gears, chain, rope and handle for the recoil. 1.5hrs labour. I didn't think that was too bad considering White Knuckle had my sled done really fast. I know others have had issues with them but i can't say a bad word about that dealership. They treat me awesome!!

Top Bottom