Corbin Staging Area / Flathead Conditions?

2blue

Reaction score
Just looking for an update or picture :) of the flathead road, snow depth, any vehicles making there way down the road yet etc?

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
The road in the Flathead will be bare long before the access. The LodgePole is good to the Wigwam/Ram junction and a few kms past. The Coal Creek road is good for 4x4's a little past the first bridge. The road past Coal Mountain, I'm not sure but this is pretty early even tho' it is very warm. Still more snow to come at the higher elevations.

2blue

Reaction score
I'm not sure of "the ram" or where that is. Stuff is starting to heat up down near the border, being a cbsa member, conditions etc are really helpful. Corbin down to the usa border, butts cabin etc. Morrissey/lodgepole road is what we have taken in the past but its time for something different :) And for good reason.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I'm not sure of "the ram" or where that is. Stuff is starting to heat up down near the border, being a cbsa member, conditions etc are really helpful. Corbin down to the usa border, butts cabin etc. Morrissey/lodgepole road is what we have taken in the past but its time for something different :) And for good reason.

I can't help you with this one as I haven't been to Corbin/Flathead this winter. All I can venture to say is that the further south one went the less snow there was. I'm thinking from Pollock Creek south (where the valley really opens up), the snow on the road will go fast. There is more dirt on the Coal Creek road at this time this year than other years. It has been very warm in the south eastern Koots. Even at 4300' it has not been freezing at night time for the last 3-4 days.

2blue

Reaction score
Most of the time we go by what Polebridge Mt has for snow to some what judge it, for the south side.

camarogreg

Reaction score
I had the kids on sleds at the pipeline on Corbin on the 6th, only travelled a few km into the power line and called it a day. First day out with little ones and the trail is VERY rough. It rained then snowed, water was starting to show through the snow on the trail at the staging area by the end of the day.

Warhawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How's the snow in the hills boys? Looking at heading out this weekend OR next for sure

Trev

Reaction score
Hey Darryl
we are gonna be in Fernie Friday nite leaving Monday, text me if your in town (its Trevor,and my first post lol)

Warhawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Okay cool. I will see what happens in the next day or 2 and get back to you.
Who is all going with you ?

Trev

Reaction score
It will be me Pete and two other guys but another trailer of 3 friends (Bob) not sure if you met him are there thurs-sun
Not sure what to expect for snow but gonna go any way

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
The whole area is skinny on snow. The trees in the Rolling Hills were rode out hard. The consolidated snow pack on the top is "go anywhere" and most people have. I guess a month with no real deep fresh is starting to show it's ugly head.

Warhawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
LOL Hey I appreciate your honesty. Iwill save it for next weekend, Looks like there calling for snow all next week for you guys :) in that direction

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Snow report I just seen does not look good in my books, maybe a few days of flurries in the next few weeks...

Just a very poor snow year in mountains overall, maybe some good spring dumps hopefully... In the meantime watch for carnage

Kyle k

Reaction score
Great vid Kokanee 800 I was there too riding with him that day. It's a shame spring had to come with conditions like that.

darbage

Reaction score
How are the conditions in the 'Pass? Going to try to hit Corbin or York this weekend and could definitely use a heads up? Thanks!

Top Bottom