Come on People, Really - WTF.

Phyer Phyter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok so me, my son and his girlfriend a couple others went out to Long Island Lake on Saturday. Pull in unload the quads and tootled around untill the rest of the group was ready. Right away I noticed garbage scattered around. So as I go I pick up a few beer cans laying around. Some chip bags etc. We head down the road to the sand dunes and then the trails behind. All is pretty good. Fast forward we are heading back down the road to the staging area and CRAP! there are 2 pepsi lime pop cans laying on the road. They werent there when we went in about an hour and a half before. This meant that some one today just tossed them as they head to the trails. OK so now I am rather annoyed. I stop pick them up and some other garbage that had been laying around. Get back to the staging area and while waiting for my son to get a camp fire going to roast some hotdogs I go on a mission to clean up a little. Out of roughly 10-12 fire pits out there all but 2 had everything from empty beer and liquor bottles to yes a 12 volt air compressor. One fire pit had 8-10 empty cans laying around on the ground full of holes. So now people are riding, drinking and shooting. There was a platic bottle stuck in the grill by the neck full of holes too. Grab a bag out of my vehicle and start cleaning.
Yes most of the garbage looked like it could have accumulated over the winter. Some likely left there from last year. Now I am really rather pi$$ed at who ever left this crap around.
Ya sure I doubt all was left by ATV'ers and Sledders but FFS. Could have even been some younger crowd looking for a place to party.

People wonder why places are getting shut down? We recreational users are doing it to ourselves. I could see that the county could certainly shut the place down as it would be a lot easier to maintain then have someone come in and clean up after a bunch of Brain Dead people that cant or wont clean up after themselves.

So drinking, driving highway vehicles, off road vehicles and bringing weapons.
The county put in garbage cans an outhouse and yet some people cant be bothered to use them.

Lets start a movement. Clean up after yourself and take 15 minutes before you leave to pick up a little more.

I made a commitment to myself late last year that I was gonna leave a place cleaner than I found it. I am gonna make sure I have a garbage bag everytime I go out. I appreciate haveing these places to go to. If ya abuse you are going to lose it.

End Rant. ...for now...

I tell ya I am seriously starting to think that I should start taking pictures of vehicles and scumbags and posting them here if see them in action.

Last edited:

TheLonelyIsland

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
good rant btw!

yesterday as me and my dad were loading the bikes after a days riding these guys pulled up out of the bush in the truggies , they were drunk and acting like morons , and they had guns! their was a case of beer right on the back of their jeep , people are ruining it for us!

modmanmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
joey you stay away from the ranting thread:d

This is the same thing I found at a couple spots I went touring yesterday out here. I know alot of it comes from the high schoolers goin out and having bush parties.

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can always tell the heartfelt from the abolutely stupid. I like the idea of "posting for pigs" ah second thought might give the wrong idea, hmm, How about "trailer trash and other assorted stories" better but just doesn't convey the feeling that Phyer has. Any Ideas??

jncmcat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Went to quite a few parties there back in the day before the campsite was there, good times:beer::beer::beer:

KVF 700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bush party...? why wasnt i enformed

Ha ha same. Bush parties are my fav. Lots of potentially dangerous things like firearms 4x4s booze and underage babes but generally a good time to let loose without being worrie of getting caught!

Phyer Phyter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ha ha same. Bush parties are my fav. Lots of potentially dangerous things like firearms 4x4s booze and underage babes but generally a good time to let loose without being worrie of getting caught!

Really? Thank-you for proving my point. I hope you are being facetious considering the whole point of this thread. :(:mad:

Top Bottom