Cold 800

amunro

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guys, i am pretty new to sledding and i have a 04 800, that i have been tweeking and playing with, I have recently noticed that it does not run that great when it is cold say 15below, if it is in the garage and we go out it is great but if it is on the deck and i start it is does not run all that well, wondering how long should i let it warm up for before trying to unload? it idles alright its just when you go to move it does not want to backup and no the track is not frozen LOL
Thanks

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
does it run ok once its unloaded and warmed up? all sleds run liek crap when you try and bag them off the trailer in the morning when its cold

powerteker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
let it warm up and like maxwell said pull ur sled off ur truck or trailer at frist(my friends watch me do this and think I'm crazy) I always make sure it's getting warm on the coolers before i move it. -15 is the best temp to run a sled if u ask me!

amunro

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks Guys, It runs great once its warm was just wondering if there was something wrong with it, my ZX if you ran it for a couple minutes after you dropped the choke you were golden even as cold as -40 and no -40 is not the best day for riding but you do what you gotta do when you wanna ride. LOL I have lots of extra "insulation"

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
let it warm up and like maxwell said pull ur sled off ur truck or trailer at frist(my friends watch me do this and think I'm crazy) I always make sure it's getting warm on the coolers before i move it. -15 is the best temp to run a sled if u ask me!

Thats what I do. Watch the cooler for melting snow or steam. She's good and warm by that point.

Don't let it overheat while idling. Also don't stress it hard to start. Go slow for the first km or two to get the track moving and the engine thoroughly warmed.

Have fun.

Top Bottom