clutch questions 08 m8.

salbendidi

Reaction score
hey guys, just curious on a few things. a buddy of mine has a 08 m8 thats lost a few 100 rpm and we can figure out where they went. first off, how many washers go behinde your secondary? if at all any..... second off, when you put the bdx shift assist in do you take out the other washer or leave it in? clutching is stock minus those things said. its gonna get new rollers bushings and a good f in cleaning. looking forward to the tips and wisdom

slomo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the shift assist thing is where the rpm is lost,imo i dont think it is the fix for poor back shift,lighter finish helix and rock rollers do the same job and no rpm loss,i ran mine with the shift assist for a few seasons and had inconsistant rpms while climbing and was trying to drop too much weight to compensate for the rpm loss,you'll see good luck:beer:

gartho

Reaction score
The orig. black spacer comes out & shift ass. takes it's place,just recently put shift ass. in my 09 m8 & 2011 m8 still working on set up only been out out once,but I like the way it shifts on the 2011????? Set up is sooooo important when u get it right u smile,good luck:d:d:d

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah, the shift assist drops almost exactly 200 rpm. I need to reclutch to get it back eventually. But for the cheap price of the bearing, the backshift really feels nice. Really easy to get on/off the throttle quickly.

salbendidi

Reaction score
thanks guys, have the primary apart right now and there is alot of play in the bushings, 1 bad roller and lots of play in the pucks. is there a good place to get a rebuild kit? any idea on the tolerances on this?

Top Bottom