clutch kits

upnorth

Reaction score
hi i am thinking of puting a heel klicker clutch kit in my 96 polairs 600 what if any opinions do you all have thanks or maybe a better kit out there ?

Brute Force Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm guessing your putting bigger tires on it?

I put a Highlifter clutch kit on my 07 brute, took it off after a month and will never go down that road again unless I go with something around 30" tires.
lost to much top speed and blew three belts, hope you have better luck than I did if you go with a kit.

gr8tdragon

Reaction score
I put an AAEN clutch kit in both of my Polaris 450. That with the larger tires makes the machines perform really good now. Lost about 4 miles per hour so instead of doing 54 mph now do 50 mph on the straight aways. The big differance is down low grunt. It is there when you need it. Another draw back though is you have to hold your reverse button in more as the kit raises your rpms down low about 300 rpm. No issues with belts so far. Also the service at AAEN was great. They answered all questions, listened then made their recommendations for your riding style, not just a generic kit.

rocketron

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Put a Heel Clicker kit in my wife's 04 700 sportsman. Works very good. Setup on instruction sheet is close to spot on.

Brute Force Boy, put a Maroon EPI spring in your with the rest of your stock stuff. It really wakes the 650's up!

munhoez

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In a Dakota R/T, down by the South Sask. River
I'm guessing your putting bigger tires on it?

I put a Highlifter clutch kit on my 07 brute, took it off after a month and will never go down that road again unless I go with something around 30" tires.
lost to much top speed and blew three belts, hope you have better luck than I did if you go with a kit.

Thats because that hl kit is designed for lg tires 28"-31"(ex a high lifter mudder or extreme clutch kit), u just need a EPI sport utility clutch kit. Have installed a couple kits now on brutes(650i,750i,kvf700) and the customers love em. No blown belts headaches or strandings.

Brute Force Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats because that hl kit is designed for lg tires 28"-31"(ex a high lifter mudder or extreme clutch kit), u just need a EPI sport utility clutch kit. Have installed a couple kits now on brutes(650i,750i,kvf700) and the customers love em. No blown belts headaches or strandings.

Yeah, where were you about $700 in parts an lobour ago?!? lol

live and learn the hard way, story of my life.

Top Bottom