Chinese diesel heaters for enclosed sled trailer

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got the vevor. Also available on Amazon, but a bit cheaper direct.

Catchme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got the vevor. Also available on Amazon, but a bit cheaper direct.

2nd this direct from Vevor. Fast shipping and excellent customer service. Mine arrived missing one piece for the ducting and they jumped on it right away. Had it fixed up in 2 days to my doorstep

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I recently bought a second 5kw vevor, they were on sale from Amazon for $111 all in.

Screenshot (38).png

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How much are these little controllers? $$
Does anyone locally have one? Feedback?
http://www.mrjones.id.au/afterburner/pricing.html but that's in Australia so not sure what the exchange is right now.

That's without all the upgrades also. You need a compatible ECU and mine has the controller that looks "suspect" (page 6 in the compatibility manual, top row middle). The timer feature and frost feature was really intriguing but since the unit is almost the same price as another heater and I'm not that interested in jacking around with all the settings.

RGM

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does anyone's controller actually turn off the unit when the the temp get to what you set it to. Mine will only go to the lowest heat setting once the temp is reached.

CJD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does anyone's controller actually turn off the unit when the the temp get to what you set it to. Mine will only go to the lowest heat setting once the temp is reached.
I have an Espar in mine not a cheap chinese one. usually mine just ramps up and down based on temp. I have only actually witnessed it fully shutdown on temp maybe twice in the last 4 years.

zal

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No, it’s supposed to run like that. Once it gets to the programmed heat setting, it slows the fan and pump down.
The controller from Mr.Jones will make the heater run more like a furnace. It will shut the heater down once it gets to the programmed heat setting.

beerwolf

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Spend the money on one that isn't Chinese garbage. Christ you spend how much on your sled, truck and trailer then want to cheap out on a couple hundred dollar piece of ch!t?

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ran mine on the way to Revy this weekend and it was fine, but on the way home it kept going out. I'm thinking I need a 45° tip on the exhaust that come out on the V

Last edited:

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Biggest issue with these is they have too be Programed properly for elevation or they will drown . For 200 dollars I just buy an xtra one and throw it in the shelf, cheap parts replacement.In Edmonton call Ron Paridis , I’ve said it before and I will say it again, installs and settings, he is the man ! Mines working great!

zal

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ran mine on the way to Revy this weekend and it was fine, but on the way home it kept going out. I'm thinking I need a 45° tip on the exhaust that come out on the V
I built a couple of these "diverters" for intakes and exhausts over the years. Seem to keep the intakes and exhausts from being force-fed air that causes backpressures issues.

I copied Modman’s design and never had mine shutdown again. My exhaust was coming out of the side of the v-nose. I put a 90° elbow with Modman style cut out…good to go.

Top Bottom