Changing track length

Summit69

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I want to lengthen my 146 to at least a 154 or even a 163 if possible. Can I just get a longer track and install longer rails like IceAge rails? (And also changing the gears and doing a tunnel extension). Do I need to change the drivers as well? Thanks for any input.

jasonrev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As long as you stay with a track with the same pitch, you will not have to change drivers. A camo extreme in a 2.86 pitch for an xp would do a guy great.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
get a camo extreme 2.5" 3 pitch 162 and run it on your stock drivers. or if you want to spend the coin get the avid 7 tooth drivers which are higher quality and will resist ratcheting and give you more clearance.

tunnel extensions from vanamburg are the best out there.

ice age rails are a must. and will bolt right onto your 146 skid.

also a set of scratchers are a must since your cooler is still short and the tunnel is long.

xpsledneck

Reaction score
we put a 154 on my buddys 146 this summer with a van amberg extention looks sweet and the only outher thing we did was change the rails with some take offs that he bought from a guy on here i think he still has a set if you want send him a message his name is (take the bounce) and he has pics of it on here to.

Top Bottom