Cell phone plans

gdhillon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Apparently my phone contract/supertab is going to end soon here. I was wondering if you guys know of any promos/the cheapest (and somewhat good) plan is out there right now.

My old plan is the my 10, 6gb data, unlimited texting,local calling sort of thing. I know 6 gigs of data is unheard of now a days, so I'm going to try and hold onto this plan as long as I can.

Phone wise I don't need the latest and greatest, ideally I'd like to just 'buy' a new sim with a new contract and plop it into my old phone.

I also have a canfor employee discount that apparently I am now eligible for, not sure what providers though

Rbrduk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you're happy with the plan you have now, just go month to month and buy a new phone when you need one.

freeflorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They all want your money, they also provide the same services. If you like your current plan and it works for you just buy a phone, new or there are lots of good as new cells on kijiji you can pick up cheep. New SIM card and your away,or maybe the old one will fit.
anyway I don't think they can cancel your current plan it just means your eligible to get a new phone. Doesn't hurt to hit the local shop and ask questions.

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hooked up with virgin last week with 3 new phones on a 2 year plan and saved $951.00 compared to less data with Telus. My son got the iphone 6s plus, wifey got I-phone CE and I got the Samsung NEO. pays to shop around

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
I hooked up with virgin last week with 3 new phones on a 2 year plan and saved $951.00 compared to less data with Telus. My son got the iphone 6s plus, wifey got I-phone CE and I got the Samsung NEO. pays to shop around
How's the wife feel about you "hooking up with a virgin"?

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Apparently my phone contract/supertab is going to end soon here. I was wondering if you guys know of any promos/the cheapest (and somewhat good) plan is out there right now.

My old plan is the my 10, 6gb data, unlimited texting,local calling sort of thing. I know 6 gigs of data is unheard of now a days, so I'm going to try and hold onto this plan as long as I can.

Phone wise I don't need the latest and greatest, ideally I'd like to just 'buy' a new sim with a new contract and plop it into my old phone.

I also have a canfor employee discount that apparently I am now eligible for, not sure what providers though
Think that's what I'm on, two phones, 6 gig shared data, unlimited ect

70 each phone, new plans are 60 plus and 1 gig data and not unlimited ect

Doesn't make sense to switch

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Think that's what I'm on, two phones, 6 gig shared data, unlimited ect

70 each phone, new plans are 60 plus and 1 gig data and not unlimited ect

Doesn't make sense to switch

same plan I used to have. Old I phone 4S crapped. replaced it with a new 6 want to buy the phone outright and keep the old plan. They wouldn't allow me to keep the old plan. Some BS about the new sim card. What a crock.

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well actually she hooked up with one too so it's all good. My 16 year old son on the other hand really thanks me a lot for getting him a virgin. matter of fact his friends are so jealous. I would think a family with virgin is a happy family.
How's the wife feel about you "hooking up with a virgin"?

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
same plan I used to have. Old I phone 4S crapped. replaced it with a new 6 want to buy the phone outright and keep the old plan. They wouldn't allow me to keep the old plan. Some BS about the new sim card. What a crock.
Yep, got 4 new phones for free and two year contracts each time with this plan

Top Bottom