Carnage in Nova Scotia

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Did this actually happen or is it a fake shooting in the name of gun control like New Zealand was?
There are so many changes in the story and no interviews of near victims or family members of victims, etc.....

The first thing I noticed was the media reported "they had the guy in custody", and if that is true why, when, or how was he shot??

Not being an arse about it, and RIP to all the victims and condolences to the families but it seems strange to me.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Less guns is the answer huh?

how about if just one or three people there was a ccw licensed person and not afraid of going to jail if they shoot to defend or neutralize a threat to the community how many lives may have been saved? Happened recently in Texas.
Quit making sense! There is no time for that in todays Liberal government.

FernieHawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

how about if just one or three people there was a ccw licensed person and not afraid of going to jail if they shoot to defend or neutralize a threat to the community how many lives may have been saved? Happened recently in Texas.

I saw the original unedited recording of the Texas church shooting and the dude who returned fire and killed the scumbag has balls of steel and obviously lots of training...dropped the perp with a single shot to the head. Really sad about the two fatalities, but it would have been way worse without the CCW members in attendance.

Couch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Really .... Probably more guns in Atlantic Canada that most of the country .....

19 + people are dead ... Have some respect ..... really doesn't matter a pinch of **** if gun was / wasn't allowed awful lot of senseless death and loss ....

skid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Registration wise atlantic Canada has the least amount of firearms by a long ways.

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Really .... Probably more guns in Atlantic Canada that most of the country .....

19 + people are dead ... Have some respect ..... really doesn't matter a pinch of **** if gun was / wasn't allowed awful lot of senseless death and loss ....

It "matters" in the sense that the _only_ takeaway from this will be firearms law changes. Of the hundred or so laws this guy broke that span way beyond firearms, all the discussion will be limited to adding more firearms law.

Frankenytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Even had a speeding ticket pending. More legislation is in order!

I mean no disrespect to all of those who have lost their lives, or their loved ones. I just believe that guns don’t kill people... people kill people. Same with going fast every once in a while. Media has a soft spot for finding all things that could be frowned upon by our late aged wake up before the paper is printed type of people and making it be the cause of a guy going postal.

R.I.P all that have fallen and have served to aid in this situation, you are truly appreciated.

And speeding.

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Seems that their looking into why they didn't warn folks that a wing nut was on the run in a fake police car,,, uniform,,, with a gun...

The warning alert system is in place and no one thought to use it,,, strange indeed,,, yet they had time to to use Tiwitter instead...

Had folks had a warning it would of saved alot of lives

Condolances to friends and family of this horrible tragedy...

Don

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Apparently no one practises for emergencies or the chain of command is weak. Someone will have an early retirement when this all washes out.

rsmorin1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So sad for the events that occurred & the families destroyed by this. Looks like it’s time for me to setup a Twitter account, it might save my life. It’s ridiculous that they would use something like this when they have a system that will send a message to every cell phone in the province or area.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can Twitter even send you an alert? I'm not on it because nobody gives a chit what I do in life so have no idea. Lol

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yould have to see what pops up on Twitter,,, where the early warning alert pops up on everyones phone systems...

They said on the news this morning that the RCMP knew that there was a run away of this fellow 12 hours before he started this rampage...

The Young Nurse's Husband said that had they put out an alert that he would of had his wife stay home to make other arrangements...

Sad that the RCMP knew that they had a situation,,, a system in place to warn pepole and failed to use it or notify folks what was going on...

The 12 hour warning would of saved alot of lives for sure...

The USA citizen South got the alert incase he headed across the boarder...

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yould have to see what pops up on Twitter,,, where the early warning alert pops up on everyones phone systems...

They said on the news this morning that the RCMP knew that there was a run away of this fellow 12 hours before he started this rampage...

The Young Nurse's Husband said that had they put out an alert that he would of had his wife stay home to make other arrangements...

Sad that the RCMP knew that they had a situation,,, a system in place to warn pepole and failed to use it or notify folks what was going on...

Yep
They screwed up and with the cop car thing I believe they really didn’t know if it was one of there own for sometime .
The brotherhood .

Last edited:

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

The old shoulda, coulda, woulda .................

If they sent out a warning 12 hours before he did anything and brought him in, he would have been out on bail in a few hours and right back at it. Or maybe not. Maybe he would see the error in his thoughts. Thats the thing, if you warn before it happens, nobody notices because nothing happened.

Kinda like the corona virus and self quarantine. If the warning comes early enough and it works, everybody complains because nothing really happened that they can visualize. If it slows things down people complain because we overreacted. If we dont do anything and millions of people die, we complain because nothing was done.

FernieHawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The old shoulda, coulda, woulda .................

If they sent out a warning 12 hours before he did anything and brought him in, he would have been out on bail in a few hours and right back at it. Or maybe not. Maybe he would see the error in his thoughts. Thats the thing, if you warn before it happens, nobody notices because nothing happened.

Kinda like the corona virus and self quarantine. If the warning comes early enough and it works, everybody complains because nothing really happened that they can visualize. If it slows things down people complain because we overreacted. If we dont do anything and millions of people die, we complain because nothing was done.

That's the way it works pretty much.

If you lock your doors on your house and vehicle's all the time, you will never know how many times it has saved you from the door pullers. Your door is locked so they move on till they find the ones unlocked. Sometimes you will never know what real effect the precautions have.

Last edited:

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep
They screwed up and with the cop car thing I believe they really didn’t know if it was one of there own for sometime .
The brotherhood .

That's an interesting point, I hadn't considered that. Can you imagine what the EMERGENCY ALERT text message on our phones would have been?

"RCMP advise that an individual in RCMP uniform and in an RCMP marked vehicle is murdering families and burning down houses with them in it in the province of Nova Scotia. Please do not approach or respond to RCMP communication until further advised."

Yeah, that wouldn't cause mass panic. I can see them swallowing that one thinking it is better to withhold than send it.

Top Bottom