Carbon tunnel wrap.

Kyle91rs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. Lookin at wrapping my tunnel. Seen a lot of guys using the carbon wrap from 3m. Few questions for the guys that's done it before.

wheres the best place to buy it?
how much do I need for a 163 tunnel?
Any tips or shortcuts you could share of the whole process?
Have any pics of how it turned out?

I want the entire tunnel covered. Don't want those little cutouts in the sides of the tunnel showing as I find it doesn't look good, can ya just cover over those?

Thanks for the help in advance!

Audette13

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i did the sides of my tunnel and used 2 12" x 60" rolls. had some to spare. got mine from ebay. it was the cheapest i could find at the time(cant recall price ). you can get it in wider rolls for the top. it wasnt to bad to install, heat gun, razor blades and something to smooth it out, (card or plastic bondo spreader)
IMG_1696 (1024x765).jpg

Kyle91rs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's on an iq yeah? I'm not too familiar with those, do they have the holes in them along the upper sides of the tunnel? Here's a pic of what I'm trying to describe.. See where this guy has the wrap cut out around the top side the whole way back? What I'm asking is, with the 3m stuff, could ya just cover over them and not worry about it?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 198

Kyle91rs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What's the best way to do this? Buy seperate rolls and so the sides and top of tunnel all seperate? Or one whole sheet?

rmscustom

Reaction score
You can cover up the holes, I did with the 3m but they will crack and break open. Not that big of deal to me but I guess it depends how fussy you are.
I just bought a whole sheet and cut what I needed out of it.

Last edited:

Kyle91rs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What if I filled the holes with some sort of adhesive or something to make the entire surface flat, that way it wouldn't crack?

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What if I filled the holes with some sort of adhesive or something to make the entire surface flat, that way it wouldn't crack?

My guess is that what ever you use will expand and contract at a different rate then everything else and eventually cause you more grief than its worth.

Audette13

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya that was on an IQ, i see the holes you mean i think if you used enough heat, you may be able to loosen the 3M enough with out melting it and push it into each hole. just a guess though. (may work better than trying to fill each hole prior to installation)

and i would get 3 rolls, one for each side and the one for the top.

good luck

Top Bottom