Car audio upgrade and installation

MP Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking for a member who know their way around car audio... want to add some bass to a factory stereo..?

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What kind of vehicle? a couple 15's and 1000 watt amp would give you a bit more base.

MP Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What kind of vehicle? a couple 15's and 1000 watt amp would give you a bit more base.
I’m sure it would…

‘16 GM HD.
I’d prefer something like the JL audio stealth box that replaces the factory sub and hidden under the centre console.
Does a guy need another amp/where to mount the amp?

Not interested in a huge enclosure that takes up all the space under the rear seats.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I’m sure it would…

‘16 GM HD.
I’d prefer something like the JL audio stealth box that replaces the factory sub and hidden under the centre console.

Probably under the seat is wear id mount the amp.

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I’m sure it would…

‘16 GM HD.

Not interested in a huge enclosure that takes up all the space under the rear seats.
If you have the factory bose system it's a bit of a biotch and most costly to tie into. If just regular stero it's a lot easier for the installers to tie into as everything runs through the head unit in the dash.

You can mount an amp behind the rear seats. Lots of room there. I'm pretty sure they make a shallow depth sub as well so you could potentially have a sub behind the rear seat as well.

Yup they still make em, been awhile since I've funded a system. I leave the installation to my one buddy.

Screenshot_20221022-072945_Chrome.jpg

Frosty19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can look for an amp with high level inputs then you should just be able to tap off one of the speakers that doesn't have power cut out or a built in fade (usually the front ones)
There is also LOCs you can use so you have some control over the input and it will convert to high level speaker into low level RCA style for amps.
Then normal run for the power and ground to the amp. I also have bose and short of buying a factory kit it will most likely have a separate control not through the stereo and easily removable if required

Top Bottom