Canadian tire quads

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My son has out grown his 50cc Suzuki 3 wheeler and was thinking about getting him a quad as we do have a good amount of property and would like him to join us on rides. As he only lives with us half the time im not to sure in a full price brand name and was wondering if anyone has gone with the Canadian tire quads for kids? Im not expecting the quality of the name brand guys but just wondering if they will hold up.

Syclone74

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know a couple people with them and they seemed pretty decent. Seem to always be tinkering with them but ran good when they were running. Minor stuff, bolts or nuts coming loose couple electrical problems. But all this could be how they were being ridden.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
I've seen and heard of people having decent luck with the "Tao Tao" quads too. Site sponsor Gateway Power Products/Spruce Grove ATV sells them.

papajake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
there good quads same parts as yamaha, parts are available at go 4 it sales in okotoks the only problem is canadian tire don't sell the 90 ones with reverse and i want one but can't find a dealer in alberta that sell them

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i had a moto 4 yamaha 100 when i was a kid, i think it changed hands like 3 times after i had it and was sold for the same price over and over and over. The name brands hold their value.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My 70yr old Dad bought one for the grand kids about 4yrs ago to use on his property and no real issues. We had to put a battery in it last yr, thats all.
The motor is a copy of a 1970 Honda 4stroke and most engine tuning parts can be had from Honda, atleast the one he has.
I recommend checking all the bolts and hardware before letting the kids use it.
The only driving issue we found is it didn't like water too much, small puddles are ok anything more and it dies. They are not very water tight and be careful about taking the pressure washer or high pressure hose to them.
One thing to consider is if the kids are going to mud bog or play in water you might have get inventive in water proofing or consider something better.
When the grand kids were not using it, the old fart was on the property.

Last edited:

79TXL

Reaction score
My buddy had one for a year, hardware came loose a lot but no major concerns. I picked up a mini raptor use for my son for a few years, then had no problem getting back what I paid for it. All I did was oil changes and add gas.

fidorama

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.geocaching.com
I would be sceptical about availability of some of the parts, some things are interchangeable as some people have noted, but not everything. Canadian tire sells no parts for them. I would personally stick to a jap unit if at all possible. resale value is much better...

Free Rider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Eton is a great quad. I have 2 of the older 2 stroke ones for my kids. They are 2004 models. The new ones are 4 stroke. I have ordered several parts from the place in okotoks and they have alway had stock so I had the parts within a couple days

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would be sceptical about availability of some of the parts, some things are interchangeable as some people have noted, but not everything. Canadian tire sells no parts for them. I would personally stick to a jap unit if at all possible. resale value is much better...

Where does one buy the jap units?

Top Bottom