Camcorder reviews

SHIFTmx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking for a new camcorder. There are so many to choose from, would like some advice. Lookin to spend around $500, just want a good video quality for family videos. Thanks.:d

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
something funny........
we're on a super duper budget this Christmas.... we picked up a HP HD camcorder from Walmart.. .that little thing is actually pretty freaking good!!

It was only like 160.00

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
something funny........
we're on a super duper budget this Christmas.... we picked up a HP HD camcorder from Walmart.. .that little thing is actually pretty freaking good!!

It was only like 160.00

i saw those and was tempted to buy one. other than the zoom it seemed like a good cam

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lots of choices out there, just have to decide whether you like a hard drive or flash memory recorder. can't go wrong with anything by sony or canon for video quality.

the only problem with any of the new stuff is that they are so damn small and light, a tripod is a must for decent video. hard to hold them still enough....

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
flash memory? boy I am out of touch with technology
no more tapes or discs, now the only limitation is battery power. I have an 80g hard drive Sony that will record over 500 minutes of 1080p HD video. OEM battery will not last for even half of that, they make a 120g hard drive model as well.

I think the only thing with flash memory is that they are still working on capacity to rival hard drive models, Sony makes a 60g flash drive but it's pretty expensive. 60g is a lot of video....

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Find a camcorder with our lab tested reviews and ratings - CamcorderInfo.com

I have a Panasonic SDR-H18 and it suits my needs, I like having a 30gb HDD AND memory stick capability. I can film for someone else and give them the card, and save my personal filming to the HDD.

Do some reading,.. because a $160 camera is just that. I think mine was about $600 when I bought it back in 2007.

Also don't get too turned on if the camera has a picture taking option,.. they tend to be not as clear as an actual digital camera. Mine has the option, but I use my DC for still pictures.

rubirose

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
I have a Canon zr100 that I bought back in 2004(Not made anymore) but it is excellent, it uses mini DV tapes. I am also on the hunt for an updated model that records to SD card because my laptop cannot upload from the Canon, no firewire. I have been thinking about the Panasonic SR85 I think was the model number, just under $400. But it is very small so have been hesitating. I might also get another Canon, which has always been an excellent brand.

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Find a camcorder with our lab tested reviews and ratings - CamcorderInfo.com

I have a Panasonic SDR-H18 and it suits my needs, I like having a 30gb HDD AND memory stick capability. I can film for someone else and give them the card, and save my personal filming to the HDD.

Do some reading,.. because a $160 camera is just that. I think mine was about $600 when I bought it back in 2007.

Also don't get too turned on if the camera has a picture taking option,.. they tend to be not as clear as an actual digital camera. Mine has the option, but I use my DC for still pictures.

We are on a super duper budget so for now this camera is suiting our needs. The still camera option on this video camera isn't the greatest, but we've been isolating the footage in the videos to create still shots. Seems to be working pretty good.

When we can afford it we will upgrade, but for now we're able to capture vids and pictures, and have some fun.
http://s150.photobucket.com/albums/s113/drinkle/?action=view&current=HPIM0204.mp4
74632_1483696851718_1212761538_1039425_460420_n.jpg

Trish3.jpg

Top Bottom