California?

Braddock54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, wife kids and I are thinking of doing the Disney thing in April, and looking to stay for a couple weeks do the beaches, etc. I'd rather be closer to the water than Disney. Any good areas to look for a rental house, condo? Not looking for a hotel.

Any of you ever stayed in Newport Beach, Huntington, etc? Trying to do something different than Hawaii or Carribean this year. thanks y'all.

52weekbreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Try Huntington Beach, CA Vacation Rentals & Condos from $95 a Night)

Depends on how long you are staying and how old your kids are but count on 3 to 5 days in Disney. Get the 3 day pass online from here - usually can get a discount. We still go with our kids and the youngest is 17. We are returning in February. The Queen Mary is interesting.

Couple days in San Diego is fun with Old Town, Sea World, Aviation Museum and the Midway Aircraft Carrier. Have lunch on your way to San Diego at the Pier in San Clemente. Lots to do just do a bit of research first.

Have fun

Catchme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have been to both disneyland and disney world. I would highly recommend going to Florida for Disneyworld. Way more for the kids to see and do. Sea World, Universal, Epcot etc. short 1 hour drive out to Coco Beach for the kids to play in the water. We used Advantage Vacation Homes to rent a house for the week, beautiful place had 4 bedrooms, fenced backyard and our own pool. Just seemed Orlando was a nicer place to go then LA.

Orlando Vacation Homes, Orlando Vacation Rentals, Disney Vacation Homes | Advantage Vacation Homes

Braddock54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey thanks guys appreciate it. Not sure I want to do Florida right now, that cross country flight with little guys was brutal last time too long..I will check out those links for tix etc.

SavageCanuck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have been to both disneyland and disney world. I would highly recommend going to Florida for Disneyworld. Way more for the kids to see and do. Sea World, Universal, Epcot etc. short 1 hour drive out to Coco Beach for the kids to play in the water. We used Advantage Vacation Homes to rent a house for the week, beautiful place had 4 bedrooms, fenced backyard and our own pool. Just seemed Orlando was a nicer place to go then LA.

Orlando Vacation Homes, Orlando Vacation Rentals, Disney Vacation Homes | Advantage Vacation Homes

Exactly what he said .I have been to both and one of the best family vacations we had was my Mom rented a large 5 bedroom home in a gated community with pool and 8 of us family all stayed with 2 rental vehicles.Was a very good time I took my kids to Universal for 4 days and then spent the other days going to Daytona beach,Kenedy space centre.Tampa Bay,gulf coast.Highlight for me was a full day at Daytona Super Speedway.Driving in California is retarded.

Braddock54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys thanks for the info, got a line on a nice condo in Dana Point, in Orange County.

I just about chit a brick when my wife told me what it costs to get into Disney etc. Oh well, kids will have a blast.

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
nothing at Disney is cheap. food is way over priced in the parks $$$$$$ but in the end it's a great time

gates559

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Save a few bucks and book quick and get some cash changed over to us funds. Our dollar is dropping pretty fast.

Jake jenkins

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just took the family to Disney land for Christmas and New Years we stayed at the Annabella just. 10 min walk from Disney 4 of us airfare. , hotel , 4 days passes , universal passes and warner bros passes for 6400

Braddock54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yea got a beach front condo booked and some westjet flights now and a killer van. Going to do Disney, sea world, Legoland.

Any other must do's. Any if you some Nascar, monster jam etc??? Probably take in an MLB game too.

ATV Rancher

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Last time we were there it was fun and all, but..........geezuz it gets old standing in line most of the day. Would rather do something without the crowds. Anything.

femme.fatale.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No advice on where to stay, as we haven't done either Disney, but we have rented houses 4-5 times now from VRBO.com. Always satisfied! We love doing houses as it gives each of our kids their own room, and a place for mom and dad to go when the kids are in bed. The house in San Fran was awesome, both houses in PHX had heated pools and hot tubs! Really recommend VRBO.

250mark1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
X2 on the VRBO have booked a couple differnet places in whitefish and have been very happy
have a place booked for 2 weeks in florida in the middle of february

Braddock54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes VRBO is good that's where I found this place. $1000 a week on the beach with heated pool, 2 bed 2 bath. Better and way cheaper than a hotel. Just takes some digging to find.

Top Bottom