burnt the poo 800cfi down today 2010 assault

salbendidi

Reaction score
i am not on here to bitch or hear about how gay hese things are lol. i am more so looking for answers. i hink i ran bad gas with the wire undone. filled up with petro prem. they say its winter gas. is this becuase the ethanol?? its only ever seen shell till today.

it burnt the front half of the mag side piston.

i noticed a small drop in rpms and a shatty idle. pulled the plug and she was grey. i have 1700 miles on her. not to worried about it just like answers

ps the air boxes on these things are a joke with the fit and finish..

any help would be great.

salbendidi

Reaction score
nah i dont pay extra for some monkey to work on my sled haha parts are cheap. i thought it was good. 100 more miles and it would have been a summer overhaul anyways.

maxwell do you think maybe my oil wasnt "good enough"??

Oldtrick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Petro Premium is likely close to 10% ethanol
Ranks up there with Co-op and Mohawk

every toy we have gets nothing but V-power

Quasimoto

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about the bad luck.

Most Petro Cans carry 91 octane Super Clean Premium which has Tactrol not Ethanol. Tactrol is a cleaning agent.

The Ethanol blended fuels will have a yellow sticker on the pump saying so.

TheMuffinMan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You may be well aware of this already but if the pump you are using is not a dedicated premium pump, that is, if it has three selectable grades, then you need to make sure and clean the line out before you pump it into your machine. The guy who used it before you likely filled with regular, so there could be up to 10 litres of regular fuel coming out of the line before the premium starts flowing. Always pump the first 10 litres into your truck first (if you have a diesel, carry a jerrycan and take it home for the lawnmower or something).

cs5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is a new reflash that Polaris says will fix this problem once and for all and based on how my 2011 runs I would say they have a good handle on this thing. Get the latest reflash and you should be good to go. I am very sure warranty will cover it but I am kind of like you, I don't like anyone else touching my sled.

sub zero

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You paid the price for the sled to have warranty. Might as well use it.

salbendidi

Reaction score
You paid the price for the sled to have warranty. Might as well use it.

warranty was off in jan, i dont pay for extra warranty. figure it out fix it and ride it!! its apart clean and wating for parts. should be rtr for the weekend get he pots rubbed, new top end and bobs ur uncle..

id still like to know why it siezed up mag exaust side though.....

Flatlander_01

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
warranty was off in jan, i dont pay for extra warranty. figure it out fix it and ride it!! its apart clean and wating for parts. should be rtr for the weekend get he pots rubbed, new top end and bobs ur uncle..

id still like to know why it siezed up mag exaust side though.....

yep standard issue warranty for two years not alot it dose having warranty through the summer really works out to just one year least your not cursing polaris like everyone else except it fix it ride it good luck is madragas speed and sport still open in Prince albert?

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i am not on here to bitch or hear about how gay hese things are lol. i am more so looking for answers. i hink i ran bad gas with the wire undone. filled up with petro prem. they say its winter gas. is this becuase the ethanol?? its only ever seen shell till today.

i noticed a small drop in rpms and a shatty idle. pulled the plug and she was grey. i have 1700 miles on her. not to worried about it just like answers

any help would be great.

Doubt its the fuel, only a small percentage of ethanol and only in a portion of the fuel, wouldn't be enough to make a difference IMO if you did get some in the tank. Most likely just held it at the critical point for just the right time, Polaris lean spot in the midrange. Get the reflash for sure.

salbendidi

Reaction score
madraga speed and sport has been closed for years now! i bought my sled from rally motorsports in prince albert.

i am pretty very good at keeping my revs out of the 5500 rpm. we were playing in a rolling field with a wack of snow i was on and off the throttle boondocking and wheeeling. so i dont think it was that but really, it could be anything. the pots are getting rubbed as we speak. i will load a picture of the piston tonight.

thanks guys

trench

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You should check out the Fix from PMS motorsports. Can get more info on this from Timbos thread in the polaris section, or on Snowest. Sounds like a good upgrade to these engines for not much more $ than stock parts.

Trench

pistonbroke800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

any help would be great.

Only the king of flat headed azzhats would be dumb enough to let this happen to their sled....:d

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if i were you i would order the fix kit from pms. they have had good luck with them. i have not heard of one burning down and they have thousands of miles on them. if you just went with polaris oem parts be ready for it to go down again.

salbendidi

Reaction score
going with spx pistons and winderosa upper gasket set. i dont think the tens have big motor issues. pots came out good little scars down low but nothing on the compression stroke. burning 2 stroke oil for under 200 bucks.

Top Bottom