BruteFroce 750 or Can Am 650

sledhead800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thinking of getting a quad this summer but don't know what one to pick from brute 750 or 650 can am? Thanks

youngpolarisguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would say brute just cause i don't like can am but i will tell you this, my uncles can am 650 2 up will beat a brute heads up in a road race every time.

crmxgirl

Reaction score
My hubby owns a can am 500xt. Both his cousin and our neighbor have the brute 650. Our 500 would outrun that brute any day of the week...but its not about top speed for me. I drove his brute and it handles well. For me the number one thing I like about the can am is the way the diff lock works. You dont have to do anything for it to lock up. The kawi has a manual lever that you use to engage the diff lock, and you cannot steer that thing with it in full lock up. I know both guys have had front end problems with the brutes, however, my hubby had a rod snap in half on the can-am and they denied him warranty. (Long story) I'm sure you couldn't go wrong with either of those machines if they are maintained.

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can Am all the way....

(just making it even, Tex)

Go ride both...then decide. (let me know what color Can Am you decide on)

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can Am all the way....

As a Can Am 650XT owner I say its the way to go. Trouble free for 4 years, great power, great fun, great reliability.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can Am all the way....

lol dave i was waiting for ya....

the price difference is a plus more for the brute.... oh i have gone up a 800 and 650 outi.... the 8 was just a ahead but the 650 was like 5 - 6 behind [ ran the race in the mud 3 times ]..... on the road the 650 runs out of steam much before the 8 outi and brute.....

jgonie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
for the same price u could turn the brute into a 840 And beat the canned am 800 no prob but on that note i love my brute ands theres not a single quad out there that makes me wanna sell the brute at this point

STYKO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thinking of getting a quad this summer but don't know what one to pick from brute 750 or 650 can am? Thanks

There are good deals in the fall, got mine last fall, good price.....

You get what you pay for though...everyone says you must snorkel the brute, design flaw....that and I wish I had power steering....

As far as speed goes on the flat gravel with the stock tires my (650i) brute toped out at 100km per hr with with no storage boxes, extra weight.....

.....perhaps not the fastest out there.....fast enough for me!!! maybe the 750 goes faster yet....

I hear good things about the can-ams.....and always read about problems on S&M about everyones brute....

Good Luck:beer:

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i've road a 700 grizz with power steering..... at 50 mph it was so twitchy i gave it back as soon as i could....

power steering is for sissys and old farts

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There are good deals in the fall, got mine last fall, good price.....

You get what you pay for though...everyone says you must snorkel the brute, design flaw....that and I wish I had power steering....

As far as speed goes on the flat gravel with the stock tires my (650i) brute toped out at 100km per hr with with no storage boxes, extra weight.....

.....perhaps not the fastest out there.....fast enough for me!!! maybe the 750 goes faster yet....

I hear good things about the can-ams.....and always read about problems on S&M about everyones brute....

Good Luck:beer:

what about can slams with broken frames................

STYKO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Well, I would rather have a small broken part vs broken frame.....lol....thats for sure...either way i dont want a broken anything...

I do love my brute!!! I think its looks tuff and awesome and has all the power I need...it only has 250km, so we will see how she holds up!!!

I grew up riding Yamahas and polaris and honda, I liked them all to be honest...got the brute to be different and try something new!!! so far so good!!!!!!

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ever seen one? I haven't. I broke the frame on my AC 650. I ride my CA harder and the frame has been fine for 4 years now. Run skid plates and they're fine. as I said before....drive both....buy the one you like. Can Am's slogan, "The ride says it all" isn't lying. Driving a BF is like riding a plank of wood after you've been on the CA. Sure for the same money you could build a BF with a big bore (and all the unreliability that comes with that), but you'd still be driving a plank of wood down the trail. Can Am has 36 months warranty as well.

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i've road a 700 grizz with power steering..... at 50 mph it was so twitchy i gave it back as soon as i could....

power steering is for sissys and old farts

Don't knock it until you've tried it! My 2010 Outlander has power steering, it's tough to get used to riding without once you've had it. The variable settings reduce the power steering boost to almost nothing at 50km/hr so there's no twitchyness.

Sooo...if the Ca-am's got the brute in ride and power where's the comparison?

But like Dave said you've gotta ride'em both and make up your own mind.

Andoo

Respected Military Member
Reaction score
Try them out, good and bad for both like anything. I've got a brute and love it, and my friends love their Ca-Ams and Yammies. Check out ATVTV.com for ride tests

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I say Brute too.

I got beef with a torque-converter for a front diff, its not like the one in your truck but the principle is the same. The Can-am one won't lock up, it just adds resistance. When you slow down, you loose it, then you gotta build it up again. With the Kawi, its locked.

the only good auto locking diff is the one on the Polaris. The only good manual diff, is the one on the Kawi.

sledhead800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanks guys for all of your help maybe i well have to drive the brute 750 i already drove the 650 can am i like the power of it, but i still like to try the brute tho..

Twig

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah you better ride the brute before you descide.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
u also won't break axles in diff lock with the brute... cause u can let it slip some - grab locked up and slip again....

Top Bottom