BRP changing out '08 Summit driveshafts...

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Talked to the dealer today, he told me they are changing shafts in all '08 XP Summits sold in Alberta and BC. it is a safety recall, parts should be in soon and they are trying to have them done by mid-september.

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Took 'em long enough.
Talked to the dealer today, he told me they are changing shafts in all '08 XP Summits sold in Alberta and BC. it is a safety recall, parts should be in soon and they are trying to have them done by mid-september.
snotrocket said:
Yaah FLAMES fans aren't the brightest bulbs :eek:

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Will they be replacing the ones that have already been welded I wonder. I hope so :( I guess I'll hold off a little longer on changing my gearcase oil then huh :d
I told him mine and 4 others were welded, he said it didn't matter and they would swap 'em anyways.

2hills

Reaction score
i was looking for a turbo for my rt 1000 = does yours work? any bugs? How much ? Can goonbaaa like me put it on?

twin turbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i was looking for a turbo for my rt 1000 = does yours work? any bugs? How much ? Can goonbaaa like me put it on?

Mine works great as long as you use vp fuel, check with specialty sleds, i believe they are putting on only single's now wihich work fine ah reallll fine,lol
:rant::d:eek:

PJtheMunchkin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They are replacing the ones purchased South of the border too. Just got an email from my dealer this last week.

SnowBunny25

Reaction score
Why is it that Martin Equipment knows nothing about this and they don't seem to really care? How do we prove it to them?

PJtheMunchkin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I didn't have to wait for BRP to send out the letter. My dealer emailed me the letter. I called to make an appt and it had already been made, the shaft had been ordered for me and come first snow I'll have the new shaft already installed. Guess that is what happens when you send other dudes to him to buy sleds. I sent a few guys to him to buy sleds during the Spring Special and I never buy parts from anybody else. Guess he remembered me. I am first on the list for replacements, yippee! My sled will be updated by the middle of October.

On another note. BRP is only sending 2-3 shafts per dealer every week for the next two months, after that they'll start sending more. This could take a while.

SilverGriz

Reaction score
I talked to my dealer today and they are saying they won't have the replacement driveshafts until November.

WTF took them so long to finally admit the problem? This will be the second time time for me since I was one of the lucky ones that had their driveshaft fail and sent me over the bars during a climb. :rant:

Rob1334

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Should be recall 2009-1.

Just got an 800xp 146" on Monday(yesterday) still in the crate and they said ALL updates were done. Told them to eat their words and look what came out on Sept. 10. Got a beer from the owner and an extra $100 in accessories! haha

spike

Reaction score
I talked to Martin Equip. today on an unrelated issue (shocks) and they are swamped right now doing the '08 driveshaft recalls.

Top Bottom