Bringing a Used Trailer in from the States

powderhoundbrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am thinking about getting a used sled trailer from the states. Does anyone know anything about the process involved in getting a used trailer in the country.

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes do it lots, just trailer and no motorized anything is easy. Go get trailer and bring it back no waiting or 72hrs just have money transfers or money orders with you and bill of sale. You must also have the tital for it unless the state that manufactured it doesn't have titles then your good to go, but if you bought it in one state that doesn't use titles but where it was made did then you will need one to cross over. Good luck

Hyrider

Reaction score
I bring in equipment from the states all the time. Actually bought my camper there just show your papers at the border and you get it certified in alberta or where ever just a tip take to a shop that you know the guy well, some of them try yo pick out problems that are so minor that they have no affect on the saftey but they like to make an extra buck.

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am thinking about getting a used sled trailer from the states. Does anyone know anything about the process involved in getting a used trailer in the country.

Make sure the VIN # are clearly legible on the trailer. I got turned back and had to leave it until I could prove otherwise. Major pain!

Top Bottom