Brett Rasmussen Switch to BRP

Kermit

Reaction score
Can't wait to see how the XM reacts with Brett behind the bars. Thinking of retiring the M8 to spare status this year, definitely don't like the new ProClimb, going to be a long month until new models start showing up at local dealers so a fella can make the Doo/Poo decision.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't have to wait for the new sleds to start showing up at the dealers to know which sled is going to be better :rolleyes:

Although I hear you can tell a lot by rocking them back and forth on the showroom floor. Don't forget to do the bumper lift test. Those Poo's sure are going to be super easy to lift, maybe even with one hand!

HoldMyBeerAndWatchThis

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Isn't that what your supposed to do to get the true feel of the sled, virtual test drive long with lift? If not I may have to re think my decision making paradigm:alol2:

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
be interesting to see what turbo kit brett will be sporting on the XM.

He already said Boondocker would be working on a turbo that works for technical riding, so hopefully its a joint effort with BRP so they can open up the top secret ecm and allow Boondocker to actually develop a proper turbo for the guys who want it.

DevoD

Reaction score
he already said boondocker would be working on a turbo that works for technical riding, so hopefully its a joint effort with brp so they can open up the top secret ecm and allow boondocker to actually develop a proper turbo for the guys who want it.

oh ya oh ya

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
He already said Boondocker would be working on a turbo that works for technical riding, so hopefully its a joint effort with BRP so they can open up the top secret ecm and allow Boondocker to actually develop a proper turbo for the guys who want it.

Sweet!

burnt toast

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I hope that this is correct.

Kermit

Reaction score
I don't have to wait for the new sleds to start showing up at the dealers to know which sled is going to be better :rolleyes:

Although I hear you can tell a lot by rocking them back and forth on the showroom floor. Don't forget to do the bumper lift test. Those Poo's sure are going to be super easy to lift, maybe even with one hand!

Must be great to live in a world where you can spend $15g on blind faith and to hell with things like fit and finish, ergonomics or ease of service, not like a fella's going to put his faith into a machine to go 100miles plus into the back country every trip and not blow a weekend because some engineer behind a desk was holding his calculator backwards......wait a minute....! Good to see you guys not wasting your time rocking them back and forth on the showroom floor but standing first in line to contribute to the R&D fund, way to go!

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Must be great to live in a world where you can spend $15g on blind faith and to hell with things like fit and finish, ergonomics or ease of service, not like a fella's going to put his faith into a machine to go 100miles plus into the back country every trip and not blow a weekend because some engineer behind a desk was holding his calculator backwards......wait a minute....! Good to see you guys not wasting your time rocking them back and forth on the showroom floor but standing first in line to contribute to the R&D fund, way to go!

Were you one of the gang green that put your "blind faith" into Arctic engineering last season? Sounds to me like the pot is calling the kettle black................

Kermit

Reaction score
Lol, fair enough. True the '09 Cat was not without issue, required upgrades to DD before I even thought of heading to the hills and it is a bit of a maintenance pig but was aware of the requirements when I purchased. Rode an '03 high mark extreme before it for 6 years without any issues except for odd belt change. Not really brand loyal as any manufacturer could have a winner any given year which benefits us all, it's kinda hard to pick when all there are is pictures, but the XM sure does have me feeling the same as when they announced the 159 scud back in '02.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lol, fair enough. True the '09 Cat was not without issue, required upgrades to DD before I even thought of heading to the hills and it is a bit of a maintenance pig but was aware of the requirements when I purchased. Rode an '03 high mark extreme before it for 6 years without any issues except for odd belt change. Not really brand loyal as any manufacturer could have a winner any given year which benefits us all, it's kinda hard to pick when all there are is pictures, but the XM sure does have me feeling the same as when they announced the 159 scud back in '02.

There are more than pictures though. There were probably over a 1000 peeps swung there leg over an XM seat and rode it at the many demo rides across the western US and Canada last spring and winter. Its already proven in testimonials to be the real deal. Give it a chance before you give it a fail. Brett Rasmussen did....

Kermit

Reaction score
Rasmussen's move has definitely influenced my thoughts as he is a stand up guy committed to the sport regardless if monetary influence played a roll. Wasn't fortunate enough to hook a demo ride but I don't exactly believe everything I read on the net.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rasmussen's move has definitely influenced my thoughts as he is a stand up guy committed to the sport regardless if monetary influence played a roll. Wasn't fortunate enough to hook a demo ride but I don't exactly believe everything I read on the net.

Give it a try and then form your opinion. Cheers!

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just incase the sting hasnt quite gone away yet...heres a little something from the archives

229092_346431825437991_711541047_n.jpg

fountaintirexp

Reaction score
Website
www.fountaintire.com
Ya know its funny, I rode with Brett in April and he never said a word obviously. But there was a demo ride on the hill in sicamous ( eagles pass )one of the days for the xm and he did say he was really impressed that doo was designing a sled that matches his riding style when we stopped to look at them. I never thought he would switch but he had to have known about this deal when we were riding together. ps the boondocker rep was riding with us too, bretts a big fan and said its the only turbo he will use for boondocking.

Top Bottom