breakin axles on renegade with mud tires?

Sweigh

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
"heard" of it. never seen it. It makes sense, but it would be nice to hear from some first hand experience.

dieselboy

Reaction score
ya i would like to know becuase i dont want to be into the mud guns a blazin and snap a few axles

Sweigh

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
how did you break them? in the mud? did you replace with the same axles or are there any stronger aftermarket axles out there?

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
how did you break them? in the mud? did you replace with the same axles or are there any stronger aftermarket axles out there?

Broke the right one at the Robb Rally but continued going through to complete the rally. Replaced with a factory one. The Can-Am axles are quite beefy. I broke it at the cv joint, that was shattered the one at the wheel not the axle. To get the Gorilla axle I would of had to wait too long, so kept with BRP, and I also took Garryese's advise on the gorrila axles. With larger tires and lots of power in the mud you can connect with somthing hard when you have major tire spin and suddenly hook up, that can snap somthing.

dieselboy

Reaction score
thats kinda gay about the cvs but i guess it is a 800, thanks guys for your input, and rknight111 what ever your job is I WANT! you have all the toys in my dreams lol

Sweigh

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thats kinda gay about the cvs but i guess it is a 800, thanks guys for your input, and rknight111 what ever your job is I WANT! you have all the toys in my dreams lol

If you can afford a Renegade then I'd say you're well on your way already ;)

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
First, theres always a weak point somewhere and the cv is the weakest point, so that will break, thats with 27's I would not suggest 29's, they will hit the fenders as well.
To many toys - Work hard = Play hard, You only live one life so why not enjoy it.:D

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
lol thanks alot guys i guess i;ll go with 27s

Good choice, 29's will be pretty close to the fenders and when you get mud on them they tend to sag alot. Mine right now rub the tires quite often. The front will require wheel spacers as well with 27's. Also I do worry about snapping things with the 27's allready.

O2Bsane

Reaction score
Good choice, 29's will be pretty close to the fenders and when you get mud on them they tend to sag alot. Mine right now rub the tires quite often. The front will require wheel spacers as well with 27's. Also I do worry about snapping things with the 27's allready.

I have been running laws on my outty for over a year now and no problems. It has the same CV's and axels as a renny and I was pushin alot more ponies then a renny. You dont really hear alot of axels or cv breaking on can-ams.....unless they have a 2'inch lift in it then it is a different story. But the yokes for the rear drive shaft are another story.....that is the weak link in the drive train. If you havent broke one yet and you ride hard (Muddin)better check them for hair line cracks.

BigRed800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My buds running 29 mud bitchs busting cvs and axles on his 700 sportsman i believe he is going to down size costing to much cash

hintonatv

Reaction score
Website
www.bratphaze.ca
And keep those rear u-joints greased! I ordered one from BRP for a Outlander running 29's. $129.00!! I was not able to find a aftermarket alternitive. Ouch! That has been the only flaw in his driveline so far. Otherwise the 29's have not botherd it a bit. Lots of power to turn them.

leonard

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
always chances to break something with Outlaw 29.5's reguardless.

alot of it has to do with your thumb and how far you like to squeeze it when your spinning threw a hole.

ive heard of Visco-lock having trouble staying engaged with tires over 28" ..

putzman75

Reaction score
I'm running 28 mudlites on my rennyand just broke the front shaft just inside the gearcase. My friend who works at riverside says that they have replaced several of them.

mudbitchguy

Reaction score
Website
www.supergripatv.ca
My buds running 29 mud bitchs busting cvs and axles on his 700 sportsman i believe he is going to down size costing to much cash

Where did your friend find 29" Mud Bitches????? Sorry to inform you but there is no such tire.

The largest Mud Bitch tire is 27x12-12. But in fact this tire measures out @ 28".

The 28" Mud Bitch Tire (not in production yet) will measure out about 29". We are just waiting for the completion of the 28" Mud bitch mold to be put into production.

Hope this helps

Rej

Top Bottom