Boyle/Athabasca Area - Suggestions?

shmole

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep know em' all. Do you see them often? We used to ride sleds out south west of Boyle there.

mudboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
NO I do not see them that much. Kind of lost touch. Seems lime only duriong family events now. Sad part of it is I only live 40 min away

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ginny, Penny, Travis , Truaman, Hazel, Kenny, and the rest of the family

Ha Ha Ha, my bro, Poppajon whent to high school with travis and i know him quite well also. Small world.

Shmole, ya Marc still has the place by the beach. My parents live across the road and my grandparents share the lake lot with Good's.

shmole

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cool, well if you see Marc..Tell Him that Dale Kemp said "Hi"...we have a place on Spruce Lane...Maybe see you guys on the trails out there. Let me know if you come across any good trails....!!!

Cheers!

poppajon

Reaction score
Cool, well if you see Marc..Tell Him that Dale Kemp said "Hi"...we have a place on Spruce Lane...Maybe see you guys on the trails out there. Let me know if you come across any good trails....!!!

Cheers!

Ya, will do! Marc is turning 40 this year, him and Dennis Cryderman are out wild boar hunting by Mayerthorpe this weekend. I had to drop out due to prior commitments, but will be talking to those guys in the next few days. My parents house is on Glade Way, across from Goods'. We'l have to hook up some time this summer for some mud n' suds!

Jon

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I will be around boyle for the long weekend for my G/F step dads B-day. Hopefully get to do some riding.

shmole

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We'll be out Thurs Night-Monday Morning!!

Attachments

• Tiffany 083.jpg
    Tiffany 083.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 158

Captainkip

Reaction score
Hey I wanna play too. I grew up with Papajon and Slamnek at Mewatha Beach. My prents have a lake front on Oriole.

We quaded, sledded, waterskied, fished, hunted, boated, explored the sH*t out of that area. Got too many good stories about those boys that I should write a book. :stretcher: Wont even touch the stories about Travis.

Gotta correct you though Papajon, your parents are actually on Lakeview Drive. It is accessed through Glayde way or Park Lane....so you were close. Cant believe a guy dosent remember where he grew up. :rant:

mudboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey
Can you guys tell me if the cabin in between cricket lake and amisk is still out there ?? And if so how do you get to it ?? I used to know how to get there till the forest fire went through and took the trail out. Now it seems like I can not find it any more.

Thanks

shmole

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes...those are the trails I want to find, with a few interesting locations to stop.
We came across a small cabin just north of Long Lake....and last Fall we passed by a small trapper's cabin on the east side of Amisk. Is that the place you are trying to find? The one we found is almost on a small hill...it is obviously used by someone (not abandoned)...

Captainkip

Reaction score
Put this in google earth using the fly to feature.

54°33'35.57"N 112°37'45.44"W

I found a picture of it on google earth near this location. I flew over it last fall and it was still there. I cant be sure of the exact location but this looks pretty darn close. You can take the road in to the south just before Caslan then take your first major right and drive a truck right in (orange line). Or if you go in behind amisk on the road to the compressor you just cross the creek and keep going up the hill until you find the pipeline on the left going north (red line).

Or you can come in from the gravel pit on the northeast end of Amisk. (yellow line).

These are the genral routes, that we have taken before not a total accurate location of the trail. The red line route is really obvious though if you look on Google earth and see where the pipeline comes off the road.

Good luck. I hope to do that trip again someday too.

Attachments

• trap.jpg
    trap.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 181

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have had new years sled parties out at that trappers cabin. Great guy that owns and yes it is used on a regular basis. The door is never locked and he has a sign in book. lots of memories coming back now.

Captinkip, you turn off the main road at glade way to get to my parents.

This is a pic on cricket lake this last christmas.

Attachments

• dec 07 005 2.jpg
    dec 07 005 2.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 147
Last edited:
Top Bottom