Boyle/Athabasca Area - Suggestions?

shmole

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any fave trails in and around the Boyle area? We normally find ourselves playing to the East of Boyle and South of Skeleton Lake....would like to expand our horizons!!

Cheers!

Camell

Reaction score
Yeah, long lake is good, has a trail right around the lake. Buck lake has lots and pretty much driving down any of the gravel roads you will see trials everywhere. If you feel like a drive, go north of Plamondon, there is some wicked trails up there too

shmole

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can you connect to Skeleton Lake via trails? That would be a good ride...would be able to leave straight from the campsite without having to load!!

mudboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes it can be done. Last year when I was out in the area I ran into some people that had printed maps they got from the camp site of the trails in the area. You can hit skeleton, hope, buck, amisk, cricket, and long lake and more from the trails in the area

shmole

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes it can be done. Last year when I was out in the area I ran into some people that had printed maps they got from the camp site of the trails in the area. You can hit skeleton, hope, buck, amisk, cricket, and long lake and more from the trails in the area

Now....Does anyone know where to get those maps?? We've gone south from Skeleton, around Amisk, to Long Lake, by Cricket....but want to find some trails heading North to mix it up.

mudboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry but I do not know where they got the map from. maybe caslan general store. Or maybe from the operators of hope lake ??

winterax

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Poachers Landing is an awesome place to ride, its just north of the ALPAC mill,east side of the river. Llots of sandy trails, well marked trails, ATV bridges across all the big creeks. Good place for beginners & intermidiate riders, unfortunally, no overnight camping.

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I grew up at skeleton lake and would love to get printed maps of the area. We moose and deer hunt all around cricket and long lake.

shmole

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Poachers Landing is an awesome place to ride, its just north of the ALPAC mill,east side of the river. Llots of sandy trails, well marked trails, ATV bridges across all the big creeks. Good place for beginners & intermidiate riders, unfortunally, no overnight camping.

Yeah...is nice up there. Only been there on sleds though...will try to get out there this summer!!

shmole

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I grew up at skeleton lake and would love to get printed maps of the area. We moose and deer hunt all around cricket and long lake.

Really...when did you live at Skeleton Lake?? Where a bouts? Went to school in Boyle?

poppajon

Reaction score
Yup, slamnek and I grew up at Skeleton Lake and went to Boyle school....mid to late ninteys. We know the area all too well having spent the last 18-20 years triking, quading, sledding and biking almost every trail around. Also have a couple cousins - friends that grew up there in the late 70s early 80s that pioneered half the trails. Our grandparents had one of the first cabins on the south side of Skeleton....they still live there.

shmole

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep...Same here. Grad from Boyle in '85. Know a lot of people who live out there. Weirs, Campbells, Lund, Fentiman. used to be some good sledding parties when everyone'd come in from the City.

You still get out there often?

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hopfully gettin some dirtbiking in on may long around hope and chump lake. Did you know Marc Good? He's a cousin of ours that is really good friends with Fentiman's. He has a cabin beside my parents place at skeleton lake.

shmole

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes, Marc Good was one of the guys we used to hang with. Have not seen him in years. He has his own lace out there, or still in their original place over by the beach??

Top Bottom