Boring

RevyG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lenny, please explain to me how this trail sled that has been out since 2008 is ANY different what so ever from the pro rmk? other than the extended track ( extendded trail sled ) fawk all the plastics are EVEN the same. everything is the same. what you have sir is an extended trail sled with piss poor engine and traction performance. but hey its all good you saved 1500$.

View attachment 166156

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

tukernater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lenny, please explain to me how this trail sled that has been out since 2008 is ANY different what so ever from the pro rmk? other than the extended track ( extendded trail sled ) fawk all the plastics are EVEN the same. everything is the same. what you have sir is an extended trail sled with piss poor engine and traction performance. but hey its all good you saved 1500$.

View attachment 166156
Hey my brother bought a left over 2011 this year he's a lake rider and so far he likes it.

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i agree, they all break, they all have their good and bad, but c'mon, reality is if you could buy a Pro with an Etec motor, who in the hell would choose to ride a Doo chassis over a Pro , other than on the trail in to the hills or ditch/field riding around home. If Poo could ever get their $hit together motor wise (gotten a bit better last 2 years), Doo is in for a world of hurt sales wise if they don't drop the lipsticked XP chassis.
Cat seems to be heading the right direction also, way better this year. Good choices pick your poison.

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
can someone please post up a pic of an 03.5 Rev with a beavertail for Maxwell, I dont know how, his memory must be a bit gibbled.
And that was in 03.5 not 08. Gawd, you wanna talk yesterday. LOL.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i agree, they all break, they all have their good and bad, but c'mon, reality is if you could buy a Pro with an Etec motor, who in the hell would choose to ride a Doo chassis over a Pro , other than on the trail in to the hills or ditch/field riding around home. If Poo could ever get their $hit together motor wise (gotten a bit better last 2 years), Doo is in for a world of hurt sales wise if they don't drop the lipsticked XP chassis.
Cat seems to be heading the right direction also, way better this year. Good choices pick your poison.

uhhh this guy and 75% of alberta. the pro chassis is far from the ideal mountain chassis. but thats a completely different topic its tough watching people struggle on that sled with that steering setup. sure is light though thats pretty cool!

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
can someone please post up a pic of an 03.5 Rev with a beavertail for Maxwell, I dont know how, his memory must be a bit gibbled.
And that was in 03.5 not 08. Gawd, you wanna talk yesterday. LOL.

are you comparing a rev to an xm? rly? the rider position is TOTALLY different. albeit still forward thats the only similarity. the front end of a pro rmk is about the size of my 2000 zx. thats how much sled is out in front of you. rider is way to far back on the rmk. what a boat. but a lite weight boat!

Foxstar45

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This thread needs to die in a fire. I can't believe I read past the 1st post. The RMK is probably good.. never rode one, people that have them seem to like them. Didn't know they still had engine issues. Me and I think everyone else I've talked to that has a Summit likes it. The handling problems on the XP are all solved. No idea how the flexi-track and bendi skid actually did this. Magic is more likely to have been a factor. *gif of emoji hittin own head with hammer* Foxstar out.

2Quickrides

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
uhhh this guy and 75% of alberta. the pro chassis is far from the ideal mountain chassis. but thats a completely different topic its tough watching people struggle on that sled with that steering setup. sure is light though thats pretty cool!

WTF are you talking about struggle with that steering setup?!?!?!? Must be talking about the Doo with it's laid back trail steering post........you know, the same one on the Nytros that they sell so many kits to change to an upright post.

Yup, Poo riding position is further back, no doubt about it.....yet......the Poo floats on snow, the Doo trenches and wants to tail walk. Just because you've put your big ass on the hood of your car with a steering wheel in your hand, doesn't mean it's the best place to drive from........

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
WTF are you talking about struggle with that steering setup?!?!?!? Must be talking about the Doo with it's laid back trail steering post........you know, the same one on the Nytros that they sell so many kits to change to an upright post.

Yup, Poo riding position is further back, no doubt about it.....yet......the Poo floats on snow, the Doo trenches and wants to tail walk. Just because you've put your big ass on the hood of your car with a steering wheel in your hand, doesn't mean it's the best place to drive from........

ok, now thats funny, and sadly true. if you sit on a Pro with the steering post actually tight against your nuts and your ass on the dash, it kinda feels like a Doo. without the heftiness LOL

powder junkie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

View attachment 166156

stance, shocks, gearing, bars, skid, track, tunnel, seat, weight all diff from rmk and this had a chaincase (yeah who knew they still made those. Weird right?) lol im sure i forgot sum specs. Im sure a mxz & summit r in same boat.

Last edited:

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think Cat is definitely going to be a strong contender with the 2015. The new spindles, updated cooler, etc etc. They've worked out some bugs and have a great sled for next year. Haven't read too much bad about it to be honest, Doo will always be strong, packs on too much snow weight now though, and still have my questions about their motors, our group lost another one 2 weeks ago, another crank bearing toasted under 3,000 kms.

Polaris could stand to buy some rivets and lose the glue, dumb dumb idea IMO, not worth the 1/4 lb'er weight savings. Otherwise they have a decent chassis with good geometry. Little underpowered IMO but not as noticeable in the trees, only on the steeps.

What would I like to see for the future? 2 strokes are pretty much where they are gonna be for the most part. I want to see a 800cc Cat CTEC-2 next year, the 600 powerplant looks like it will be a great sled.

Yamaha - SR Viper mountain sled, factory Push turbo at 8 lbs with a 2.6 Cat PC track. Cmon, its gotta happen.

Doo - 900 ACE - add some displacement (maybe 1000 cc) to get stock around 130 HP, then dump that in the XM chassis. Best of both worlds. Need to see some aftermarket boost kits for this, but could be a great 500 lb sled. Lots of cool features on this sled that make it a future for sledding.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
stance, shocks, gearing, bars, skid, track, tunnel, seat, weight all diff from rmk and this had a chaincase (yeah who knew they still made those. Weird right?) lol im sure i forgot sum specs. Im sure a renegade & summit r in same boat.

those are all items that change on any brand of trail to mountain sleds. what specifically changed for mountain only? nothing.

the XM chassis is the only one that started out in the mountain segment. then certain items like body styling moved down to the trail machines the next model year. not visa versa

Pistonbroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yamaha - SR Viper mountain sled, factory Push turbo at 8 lbs with a 2.6 Cat PC track. Cmon, its gotta happen.

I asked Santa for that sumbich last year, didn't show up under the tree. Maybe I wasn't a good boy? LOL

Reactions: GRD

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
those are all items that change on any brand of trail to mountain sleds. what specifically changed for mountain only? nothing.

the XM chassis is the only one that started out in the mountain segment. then certain items like body styling moved down to the trail machines the next model year. not visa versa

LMAO,, you just gotta quit smoking that **** man, it is seriously messing you up. LOL. What makes it even worse is theres a lot of good experienced mountain riders on this site who must giggle every time you come yelping again about Doo dominance. Pull your head out young Maxwell-san, theres a big new exciting world happening around you.

PS, big news for 2015 from Doo........................theyre gonna narrow the ski stance 2 inches , you heard it here first. LOL.

Top Bottom