boondocker tuning . m1000 bog

craptabulous

Reaction score
what should i be looking for on my a/f gauge at idle mid and full and accelerating .

idle seems to be around 13.8-14 , mid is 12.5-13 . full and accelerating to full just snaps right to 11 and it screams .

occasionally i get a bog going from 1/4 throttle to full , if i brapp it a few times it gets through it . im wondering if its my power valves ? im going to take them apart and clean them tomorrow and check the cables .

it seems like when its bogging the a/f is around 15 . again it doesn't always happen and this is just on a trail around the house with no snow plugging issues .

i have a rktec head , boondocker control box , d&d pipe , can , and a inovative a/f clutching is pretty stock . 162 track on a 07 m1000

the ocasional bog is driving me nuts , i also get a 1.7 code , so im going to go buy a new egt sensor . would that code do anything ? or no ?

out of 10 full throttle runs it will do it once . it basically gets to the point were the machine starts to sing but stops there and boggs .

is there something i should be doing with the boondocker ? or am i most likely looking at a power valve issue ?

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what should i be looking for on my a/f gauge at idle mid and full and accelerating .

idle seems to be around 13.8-14 , mid is 12.5-13 . full and accelerating to full just snaps right to 11 and it screams .

occasionally i get a bog going from 1/4 throttle to full , if i brapp it a few times it gets through it . im wondering if its my power valves ? im going to take them apart and clean them tomorrow and check the cables .

it seems like when its bogging the a/f is around 15 . again it doesn't always happen and this is just on a trail around the house with no snow plugging issues .

i have a rktec head , boondocker control box , d&d pipe , can , and a inovative a/f clutching is pretty stock . 162 track on a 07 m1000

the ocasional bog is driving me nuts , i also get a 1.7 code , so im going to go buy a new egt sensor . would that code do anything ? or no ?

out of 10 full throttle runs it will do it once . it basically gets to the point were the machine starts to sing but stops there and boggs .

is there something i should be doing with the boondocker ? or am i most likely looking at a power valve issue ?

That's about the same as what I have for the air/fuels, I know I need to take a bit more fuel out of mine at 3500-5000 rpm. Because the maps in the BD box overlap those rpm ranges, I have to take fuel out of both ranges. My A/F ratios are pretty close to yours, i see about 11:1 at wide open. When cruising through the timber at 4300 rpm, then I get on the throttle quickly you can tell its loaded up with a bit too much fuel, it sputters a tiny bit and then clears out and runs crisp. Probably going to drop 2-3%. My buddies 800 does the same thing with the Attitude box.

craptabulous

Reaction score
The strange thing is that it only does it ocasionally . I only see a number over 13 when it bogs . The sled seems to be getting buckets of fuel .

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Get that pipe sensor looked after first. I'd just put a 430 ohm resistor across it and be done with it. A flaky pipe sensor can have you chasing tuning for a long time.

craptabulous

Reaction score
Thanks i have dual koso gauges anyway so i see little need for the stock one that seems so problomatic

craptabulous

Reaction score
i pulled some fuel out of the top end , there were some pretty high numbers on the boondocker from the p.o . i went riding with my old man and of course old man ear kicked in telling me that it was way to rich . pulled some fuel out , night and day difference . sled runs way better , and the numbers are still in the 11's and low 12s when i punch it . but now im getting a xxx injector fault , time to check the wiring i suppose .

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
but now im getting a xxx injector fault , time to check the wiring i suppose .

Boony boxes are notorious for that. I've seen lots of 'em flash that fault including mine. Make sure the plug pins are really clean and in the right place on the Boondocker harness. One of mine kept slipping back into the plug and breaking contact.

craptabulous

Reaction score
right on , it was the first time i have seen it on there . the sled ran 100% better . it started out with 30 points in the top end , now im down to 12 . now i just really have to start playing with the clutching . and buy a belt .

thanks

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The injector fault comes up from time to time as mentioned when the box turns itself off and then on again when running. If you mounted the box in a place where you can't see it when riding, put it to one of the fuel screens and go riding, it should still be on that screen when you stop. If its back on the home screen then it has shut itself off and come back on again. This could be your injector fault. Check your chassis ground (single black wire off the harness). Even if it looks good, take it off, clean it up and re-install. Mine was broken at the connector ring where it grounds to the chassis, box would turn on but was frozen when sled was running but would work once battery was plugged in and kept giving me the injector fault code. The ground was the issue.

craptabulous

Reaction score
i think your right , the sled seems to have problems when it idles . my a/f gauge seems to reset it self , im thinking the voltage is dropping down to low . maybe caused by high resistance on the ground side coupled with low output simply from a low idle .

all i know is even with these problems im still way happier with this sled than i ever was with my nytro .

Top Bottom