Blue Jewel / Blue River Updates & Conditions 2012 / 2013

sscamaro_skwark

Reaction score
Hey Patti & RobinI am still kicking my azz for not doing my usual 2 week bashing on my body for the holiday season!!!!I wanted too but was worried about only having 2 sleds and the landmines so I backed out earlySilly me, the energy I spend kicking my A.. would have been much better spent riding my A.. off!!!!!Well hopefully I can make up for it soonIt is always a BLAST, ESPECIALLY WITH ROBIN
PS: has he tried the new cats yet? or did he get an out of season kitty?Can't wait to be in my mountain home ASAP
See you soon

Last edited:

taz3038

Reaction score
We rode foam yesterday Dec 27. It was great with at least 2.5 feet of fresh stuff. To bad the visibility sucked,a blue bird day in there and it will be awesome.

BLUE JEWEL

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
www.holysmokeinn.ca
UPDATE !!!

HEY ALL You AWESOME Peep's !!

Some of OUR Guests have made it into the Holy Grail !!!!!

The Avalanche is : ALPINE .......Moderate
TREELINE.......Low
BELOW TREELINE ......Low

Now these Conditions don't happen Very Often in a Season !!

NOW here is the Best Part !!

SUNNY SKY's are Expected for the next 5 Days !!!

We will see Highs of -3 to -5 C.

We will see Lows of -10 to -14 C.

I only see Fried Eggs right across the aboard for the several Days !!

Yahoooooo Sunny Sky's in BLUE !

GIVE Us a Shout and come on out and Play in OUR Backyard !......250-673-BLUE ( 2583 )

I have Openings during the Week sooooo Call Me....LOL

Dont forget to STOP on by the HOLY SMOKE INN and get a " ULAR " Long Sleeve T !!....... ULAR's Face is OUTSTANDING !

Stay Tuned sorry I am NOT Posting a lot ......I am Cooking !!.....Soooooo Bare with Me.....LOL

Current Temp. Is -4.7C. Light Overcast.....

Last edited:

new24stroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We rode foam yesterday Dec 27. It was great with at least 2.5 feet of fresh stuff. To bad the visibility sucked,a blue bird day in there and it will be awesome.

We where in foam as well on the 27. It was unreal that's all I can say

shady280zx

Reaction score
Hey Guys, Thought I would post this here, I left my helmet on the back of my truck at the Big Blue/ Holy Grail Parking Lot (June Springs Road.) I am sure it fell off there, when I noticed I went back but someone had picked it up. If you have it and see this can you please contact me. It is a white Klim F4..... This was Dec 28th when I lost it.

That was an awesome poke up into Big Blue! There was no new snow when I left on the day of the 1st.

dvst8r

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode to the sort of Y junction between Holy Grail and Big Blue, it all needs snow desperately, like another 5' of snow. One creek open about 20' across and 1' deep, couple rocks to avoid. Other then that lots of trenched out hard packed climbs.

I'm not planning on going back to Blue River until there is significantly more snow.

shady280zx

Reaction score
Rode to the sort of Y junction between Holy Grail and Big Blue, it all needs snow desperately, like another 5' of snow. One creek open about 20' across and 1' deep, couple rocks to avoid. Other then that lots of trenched out hard packed climbs.

I'm not planning on going back to Blue River until there is significantly more snow.

Maybe you should of went up the mountain a little, we were in waist deep pow the whole time up there.....

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe you should of went up the mountain a little, we were in waist deep pow the whole time up there.....

That was my fault, I was the last one up and got screwed up and broke my limiter straps. Couldn't climb up anything after that.

Ianhcr800

Reaction score
We rode salmon on the 3rd. It was unreal. So much untouched. A good amount of powder. Great climbs. Trail is a bit sketchy. Some people need to learn how to run the throttle lol. Some big ole trenches. Other then that its been a great couple days. Not saying where we went today but it was awesome

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    171.4 KB · Views: 977

08summit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

So you made it up the trail...The riding doesn't even start until you get to the "Y". We were in there on Dec 29th first tracks into the grail and the snow was over the handlebars...only complaint I had is we ran out of daylight.

BLUE JEWEL

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
www.holysmokeinn.ca
Helloooooo.......sorry My bad for Not posting.....:beer::beer:

Soooo.......WOW .....We have had some AMAZING Snow here in Blue !

2Weeks ago The Snow was over the Handlebars !........Then We Fell into the DEEP FREEZE ......

That Set up the Snow AWESOME ! .....Go anywhere and They did !..LOL

The Avalanche was LOW...LOW.....& LOW !.......Off to the Holy Grail they went !

They had Sun one day for up there !.......AMAZING I heard A LOT !

Yesterday We received about 15-20Cms. In The Valley bottom here.......

They are saying Another System to move again tonight packing Yet MORE SNOW !......Thanks ULAR !

Last night at 1am. It was -0.3C. and Wind just a Blowing....then by 8:30am it was -8.2C....Weird Hey ?

They Sun was just a Shining this Morning....and now it is Overcast......

Current Temp. Is -6.8C. It is Calm .....I will Update a Road report when POW-WOW Gets Home from Work @ 12:30pm.

UPDATE.......

I Just had a Cancellation for the Last Weekend in March....they had ALL My places booked up !

Sooooo Give Me a Shout and come on out !......It is Easter Weekend then soooooo that's why they had to Cancel cause the Easter Bunny comes....LOL

Call Me 250-673-BLUE ( 2583 )

Stay Tuned more to come later with road Report.....

The Avalanche is HIGH out there Guys & Gals......

KNOW SNOW BEFORE YOU GO !!!!!

BLUE JEWEL

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
www.holysmokeinn.ca
UPDATE !!!!!!

This Just in.....

Blue River is under a HEAVY SNOWFALL WARNING.......YAHÔOOOOOOO

We are to receive at least 25-30cms. By Morning !

Ohhhhhh......ULAR You are 1 AWESOME Snow God !

WE COME FROM THE LAND OF ICE & SNOW.......

STEEP & DEEP !!!!!.......

POWDERCHOWDER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey slamnek bit me, pull yer panties up, cuz we are blue river bound on the 24th
staying at the smoke braaaaaaaap

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to get those days off. I can't wait to show you boys how the cat goes.

BLUE JEWEL

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
www.holysmokeinn.ca
UPDATE !!!!!

We received about 16-18 Inches !!! In the Valley Bottom !.....Thanks ULAR !

If I could Post Pics ......WOW I have some really good shots ....

Humm......I will try again right now .......

Top Bottom