blown fuse on my rt

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so last night i turned the idle up a bit to get it to just under 2g. let it warm up and took it for a rip ran good then just quit, towed it back to house and looked around, fuse to fuel pump/coil was blown. installed new fuse and started right away ran about 3 min and blew fuse again. replaced blown fuse with a 20 instead of the 10 that was in it and drove into shed. then i shut it off.
any ideas?
did not start looking hard yet just wondering if anybody has had a like expierience.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pump drawing to much power.
If it was a short it should blow it right away

Sent from my HTC-Z710a using Tapatalk

trailrider

Reaction score
Sounds like what mine did two years ago, only when I put the 20amp in I got half way back to the trailer and the high presure pump in the tank fryed. Thats were i would start looking. Trailrider..

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
I think each fuel pump has it's own fuse, so you'll be able to tell which pump it is...... I'd have to look at the schematics, but i believe that to be true. Also double check your relays, and replace if necessary, first.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Magnet, I happen to know where there is a parts sled for yours... and from what I hear the owner is running away to warmer climates...... just saying

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
changing the fuel pump on it now, as i do not want to go out and get 10miles+ from the truck and have it crap out again. all wiring is good as in no wear marks so sure it is the f/p. busted it out from under the engine last night and it has some wear marks inside so that is probably what it was.

Top Bottom