Blown Engine on 04 Summit 800

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thought i recognized the name do you have a brother named David and if so say hi from his hydronics instructor

ahahaha! No way! My brother is David. Thats crazy! Small world.

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I love them all.....just sayin:d Wifey wants a set of fake, to much money.

Yeah they aren't cheap. Tell her to go work at Cowboys, they'll pay for half. Still though, I can't phathom spending 10g's on boobs. I'd rather spend that money on something thats not so stupid...

It's kinda like guys paying retarded amounts for an engagement ring...nice to look at but pretty useless in the end.

I'd rather have an o-ring attached to a new sled, truck or dirt bike :D

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So forgot to torque 3 bolts on the gold plate thing that holds the magnet in place in fromt of the stator. 100m up the trail I hear a high pitched whirring and shut my sled off right away. Open it up and start looking for issues, then notice recoil isn't working, so crack a beer, and start taking off the recoil, it falls into pieces once I get the cover off and I immediately see the issue. 2 of the bolts backed off and one was dangling. So got my sled loaded into the truck and went into town to start working on it. Thank goodness I shut it off when I did otherwise it would have caused major damage. All I screwed up was the recoil.

Met up at a shop in Invermere and a man named Rocky helped me out. Him and I worked on rebuilding and piecing together a recoil. I must have taken off and put on the recoil 20 times trying to get it right and finally realized nothing was going to work. So took off the recoil once more, stripped all the parts and just put the cover on after torquing the bolts on and checking over everything.

Next day went riding at Forester, unbelievable bluebird, good snow and good people. Engine works like a charm. Just had to do the string around the clutch all day. Thanks boys for helping! Good thing the engines new and it works right away! :D

My helmet cam makes me almost as tall as the guys lol :D

Attachments

• IMG_9861.jpg
    IMG_9861.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 116

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Side hilling to hit a drop and smoke a rock instead. lol
[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uHyGJpr-aY[/YT]

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
^^^^ur not supposed to kill the camera right away,,,gotta show the rest of the carnage

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
^^^^ur not supposed to kill the camera right away,,,gotta show the rest of the carnage

haha I'll post the footage of what it looked like from below as soon as I get it from the guys. It was a pretty good wipe out. Got a couple more videos from the day but nothing spectacular. Too bright out for the go pro to catch anything amazing and the battery died :(

Top Bottom